MillionManLan 14 - Jul. 9 - 12

GDstew4

[H]ard|Gawd
I went once back in college, had fun. Don't fall asleep around those duct tape wizards!

Great event this year. There was a local FPV quadcopter group that brought $20-30k worth of gear to let everyone learn and play around with and raffled off a $400 boxed unit. The ironman of gaming tournament was great and better than last year too. I also have to say that the Jackbox games Fibbage and Drawful were hands-down the biggest suprise for me. Everyone could watch the answers and drawings on the giant main projector. My stomach hurt and my eyes were wet from laughing so hard, absolutely fantastic games for a big LAN.

This might be the year I make the winter drive for Lanwar 58.

Man, I haven't been to a LANwar event since MML3. Boy, those were some fun times. 29 now, and married, with two hairy and loud "children". I think it's time to head back. I miss it!
I remember MML2. KB got butthurt (rightfully so) because THG supposedly kept KB out of the A64 press meeting. That was an event full of drama. Got to see a lot of it do to being a guest of THG. MML2 was the best LANparty I've ever been to.
What are people playing together locally these days? Seems the days of BF1942, UT, and FC LAN play are long gone.

The games I've seen run the gamut. Quake 2/3 pick-up games, League of Legends, DayZ, ARMA, Dota, Starcraft, Diablo, GTA Online, Trackmania, Dirty Bomb, Rocket League, Minecraft, Killing Floor, TF2, CS:GO, Battlefield 4 (though I know I saw 1942 last year), World of Tanks, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros., and on and on.

The "Iron Man" tourney this year was Jezzball, Tony Hawk 4, Burnout 3, Katamari Forever, and Timesplitters 2. There was some Texas Hold'em, Magic, and other card/board games outside the hall and even a game of Werewolf. Then there are the staples of Dodgeball and Duct Tape Wars. They even had a masseuse in the hall for about 6 hours Saturday.

I'm looking forward to next summer already :cool:

Back