Millennium Falcon Cockpit 360 Panorama

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The official Star Wars site has released a view of the Millennium Falcon cockpit. It is, of course, best viewed in full screen.

StarWars.com presents Star Wars 360: a new series of omni-directional, panoramic photos taken from actual sets during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Kicking off our series, in celebration of the home video release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. In the photo below, you can enlarge to full-screen mode, click and drag to look in any direction, and zoom in or out. (Get as close as you want to the controls. We won’t tell Han.)

cool! but they say "omni-directional, panoramic photos taken from actual sets during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens", that is clearly a rendering....
it would be better if it were a rendering from an up coming game...

Yeah, this is a rendering. Don't believe for a second that this is the actual set.

Does anyone have a diagram showing what each button and switch does?

Does anyone have a diagram showing what each button and switch does?

Kind of what I was wondering while looking at it. No screens, no informational feedback aside from some lit switches - where do you see the coordinates from the navacomputer?

With stuff like this its interesting to zoom in and try to figure out from what parts the set was made from. For example the round things on the backseat cushions are definetly Tupperware, lids of some small preservation containers to be accurate. :ROFLMAO:

I watched the extras today and laughed about the cockpit switches and it reminded me of this thread.
mr ford said that in the original cockpit they put in broken toggle switches because the didn't have the budget for new ones. so every time he would flip a switch it would slowly fall back down. so when he got to see the new cockpit the very first thing he ask was if they were able to afford new switches. kinda geeky but I laughed!

Master interstellar travel, intelligent and arguably sentient artificial life, and the ability to destroy multiple planets in a single blast... but can't figure out more advanced technology than cheap lap belts and mechanical toggle switches with primitive LEDs.

Star Wars logic.

Back