Mikrotik Routerboard help

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Anyone have experience with the Mikrotik Routerboard series? I had an issue with Spectrum and I ended up trying to reset the router with the reset button on the side of the router. Now it no longer has a wireless signal or accessible by visiting the web address associated with the router. I can see the green lights that signify which ethernet cables are plugged in but the wireless light is out. I was probably running a beta firmware at the time of the reset. Is there a way to manually flash the router to a different firmware without being able to access it from a web browser? Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is the router on Amazon according to my order history.

MikroTik hAP AC RouterBoard, Triple Chain Access Point 802.11ac (RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT-US)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMMK4HI/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't offer any direct help in your case, but if you can't get to it from a browser for WebFig can you get on it with Winbox? Did you by chance reset the configuration instead of a reboot with the button? If so, the AP/bridge units I just got don't have a configuration on the wifi and the lights stay off if it's reset to original config. Default IP for the Mikrotik devices I just picked up are 192.168.88.1 (you probably know that but it's unique so easy to forget).

If you don't get a good answer here, email their customer service. I just got some help from their customer service selecting some equipment, and they were very helpful. You just have to deal with the time change, as they're in Latvia and I'm in the US so they usually replied about 3AM. :)

Try SSH using the default credentials?

Also connect one system directly to one of th ethernet ports with DHCP, and use the gateway address provided for web and SSH attempts.

So far I can't see the router in the system at all. Windows diagnostics says Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Going to try some of the things mentioned. Wish me luck!

Yes, I did reset it by holding the button and also resetting the configuration in the router. Since I did the button reset, it has just beeped the green status lights for each Ethernet port. I can't see the router on the system now. Going to plug the router into the Intel port and use the Killer port on the Mobo for the internet until I can get to the point where I can access it.

Depending on the device, if you do the reset incorrectly it can put it in a mode that makes it inaccessible.

If you reset the Mikrotik router, but you hold the reset button too long, it can set the router into Capsman configuration, if I recall correctly. I had some issues resetting the APs I've been working on, and I think that's what happened to me. The docs say hold the reset button for 5 seconds and the light starts to flash. If you keep holding it for another 5 seconds it switches to capsman. So, what I did is hold the reset button, power on the device, as soon as the light comes on release. Then hopefully when it boots up you can attach to it. You'll have to manually set your IP in the connecting device or you won't be able to connect.

Maybe that's the issue? Worth a shot.

I'm sure I held the reset button for a very long time because the techs at Spectrum kept blaming my router on my internet not working after downgrading my internet speed. It ended up being some silly activation window that was supposed to appear. Took 5 techs a total of 3 hours to figure out that I didn't see the activation window.

That's why the router was reset.

Back