Mikrotik releasing new line of switchs

Metraon

Limp Gawd
Mikrotik is about to release 3 new models for october/movember and l3 switches ! Anyone plan to get their hands on a unit ?

Router + AP
CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN

1U Switch (L3)
CRS125-24G-1S-RM

Desktop Switch
CRS125-24G-1S-IN

they are already out

haven't seen anyone using them

all 3 of the models can function as routers/firewalls

my concern with them is that they have the same processor as the 911 and 2011 series. I am interested to see if the switch chip will handle inter-vlan routing (would be good, nice and fast) or if the 600mhz processor would handle the routing (slow, like 200mbps TCP or so).

I am also interested to see if all ports are on the same switch chip, if not then it's kind of useless because it would use the processor to transfer data between 2 different switch chips which would be slow as hell.

Update:
according to the block diagram al the port are on 1 siwtch chip, but we won't know if the inter-vlan routing will be handled by the CPU or not till someone gets their hands on one.

Last edited:
Been eyeing one to play with. I know RouterOSes routing features very well, but would like to see the L3 switching in action on them. It looks like there's a seperate config section just for it now, if it's anything like it is now to do VLANs and L3 routing, no thank you. Assigning bridges and shit currently is just stupid.

Somewhat interested as I probably want to upgrade to a switch that can do inter-VLAN routing at some point. I'd prefer an internal power supply though, and I'd also like to know the routing throughput.

we recently brought a pair of Mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S+ online... they have been working great so far

doing iBGP/eBGP on a pair of metro ethernet connections

Can anyone confirm if this does inter-VLAN routing on the switch chip at wire speed?

Back