Middlebox Issue?

rand4505

Limp Gawd
I have been trying to diagnose an issue with my VPN b/c according to Verizon they do not do any traffic shaping or throttleing, and it HAS to be my hardware becuse there screen tells them my router is fine. /s

So I am paying for 50/25 and only getting 1/1 with my VPN, is this a common issue? Is verizon actually traffic shaping or is something else going on. I am using OpenVPN on a WRT router, I have tested using my server directly connected to the router but get the same results, tested from work on a static ip business accn and get 25Mbps+, same provider... Here are my tracebox results, what do you think? What do you recomend?

http://www.pastebin.ca/2863299

On an old Linksys WRT54G yes 1/1Mbps is exactly what I got. Those things don't have the horsepower to push encrypted VPN tunnels in today's world.

An TP-Link WDR3600 does about 15-20mbit/s using OpenVPN, given that the Archer C5 and C7 v2 have a slightly faster SoC I would expect it around the 20-25mbit area running OpenWRT.
//Danne

Its not my router. Asus RT-N16 running DD-WRT. Gets 25/15+ from business accnt same provider. On residential accn gets 1/1.

Back