Middle-click no longer opens new tab in FF

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Hi all,

Sitting here on my work computer. For some reason, my mouse no longer opens a new tab in FF when I middle-click the link. It was working fine last week and stopped working yesterday.

I'm using a generic Logitech mouse and FF 6.0

Addons:
The Addon Which Shall Not Be Named
Checkplaces
Download Manager Tweak
DownThemAll
FireGestures
GreaseMonkey
IE Tab2
Status-4-evar
Tab Mix Plus

I use all of these on pretty much any FF installation. Not sure why it stopped working yesterday.

Middle-click to close tab still works, as does middle-click to reopen (Tab Mix Plus settings), so I'm at a loss as to why I can no longer open new tabs from links.

Any help?

Last edited:
Go into the FF config options by typing "about:config" (without quotes) in the address bar. Click the acknowledgement button, then filter your criteria by "click". I suspect one of the lines you'll see is changed from its default value, which can be identified by looking for any bolded line(s).

Mine just started this right after a FF update about an hour ago. Forward/back buttons, and my middle-click to open a tab have all stopped. Logitech mouse here, too. Everything works fine in IE.

I got my forward/back buttons to work again by exiting the SetPoint software and letting Windows handle the drivers. I haven't tried the middle button setup yet.

After the FF update this morning, it started working again. Must have been some freak setting that got reset in the update.

Back