Microsoft's Redesigned Xbox Dashboard is Now Available to All

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Looks like Microsoft has released a new update to the Xbox dashboard today. I don't currently play on a console system so I'm interested in what the console gaming community thinks about this new update. But I will say it looks pretty good to me.

Customize Your Home: The first thing Insiders will notice is the new Home on Xbox One. This update is all about personalization; we’re putting the control in your hands, so that you can decide what to see when you turn on your console. The new look and feel is part of a design system called Microsoft Fluent Design; the look, feel, and movement of the dashboard has been updated to focus on speed, customization and expression—for you.

Last edited:
I've had the preview for a couple weeks on my secondary xbox one and I'm not sure if I like it or not yet... Some things are kind of annoying.

I really dislike the Xbox One dashboard. It's like they're trying to sell you something every time you turn it on. I just want to see what movie/game is in the drive and how I can launch it. And then an option for my digital downloads. I don't need a list of every streamer playing the game that's in my xbox.

Why does Microsoft keep changing the dashboard. The last one I hated until I got the hang of it. This one is one big cluster fuck!

I don't know why they keep changing it either. I'm not a power user so it really makes little difference to me no matter what they do. I just want an easy way to play some games.

It's annoying how often microsoft changes the dashboard. I haven't tried the new one yet, but the last one made it harder for me to find my games. I just don't use my xbox one enough to want to relearn it :).

wonderful glad i saw this news today. cause i might've freaked out when i got home and turned it on tonight.

We use our Xbox One everyday for Netflix, Plex, Pandora and games .. the last update I wasn't a big fan of .. this one .. this one is still "Hmmmmmm" ...

Sold off my xbox one day 1 edition and my ps4 pro, cant wait for the xbox one x. Sucks only having a gaming pc, dying to play FIFA 18 online again.

Every time they say they are making a change, it ends up being a bigger piece of shit than it was before.

that explains thr update I had yesterday. I am in the fast track and was trying to figure out what changed. Guess i just went from beta to final version.

Will MSFT ever pick a design and just stick with it?
Of course not. then they would have to optimise and at features and make it usable and powerful. This way, they get to put all those diversity hires to good use to create plenty of material for the marketing fuckwods to invent presentations for with loooooots of bullet points and buzzwords! derp

Why does Microsoft keep changing the dashboard. The last one I hated until I got the hang of it. This one is one big cluster fuck!

They keep changing it because the UI has been consistently bad. Sony's is barebones by comparison, but at least I don't spend 10 minutes looking for the current location of my game/app library.

I like it. It's much more intuitive and significantly more responsive. Microsoft has always had a history of improving their console UI's based on feedback from customers. So A+ to them for listening and not being afraid to change their direction to suit the user.

I like it. It took a while to get used to, but it is much faster than the last one.

I'm undecided on the design, but it's noticeably faster, so it's cool with me.
Agree with this. Despite my hatred for the UI itself Microsoft has consistently made it faster with each update. If anyone remembers the One at launch it was slow as molasses by comparison.

Agree with this. Despite my hatred for the UI itself Microsoft has consistently made it faster with each update. If anyone remembers the One at launch it was slow as molasses by comparison.

I dumped my Xbox1 after the last update hit. I couldn't, for the life of me, just play a fucking game or do party chats or do anything. Whereas my PS4 was so simple and I knew where to go to play a game. Say what you will about their hardware or software offerings - Sony's XrossMediaBar UI wins.

I dumped my Xbox1 after the last update hit. I couldn't, for the life of me, just play a fucking game or do party chats or do anything. Whereas my PS4 was so simple and I knew where to go to play a game. Say what you will about their hardware or software offerings - Sony's XrossMediaBar UI wins.
Unlike Microsoft, Sony keeps all of their ads and community features isolated. I am definitely more of a fan of Sony's utilitarian design. Microsoft is constantly trying to sell you something.

At first I was like .. "hmmm" .. but after using it for a bit, I found myself getting to where I wanted to go without even thinking about it and then going, " ...well that was wierd" . This new UI is an experiment in Mind Control by Microsoft!

Back