Microsoft's Power Automate Desktop is now free for all Windows 10 users

"its enterprise-level tool for creating automated desktop-centric workflows" it automates repetitive tasks.

"its enterprise-level tool for creating automated desktop-centric workflows" it automates repetitive tasks.
Basically it's the ability to send 'the boss is a jerk' automatically to the company mailing list. Preferably including the CEO.

It's going to be a rainy day project for me, but I'm not sure how useful it would be for me, because I don't do much in the way of desktop support anymore (other than my own house). I wouldn't mind being able to roll some customizations into a script, though.

Does this work for everything, running on the desktop or is specific to MS products?

I definitely could use this for a game lol

LOL so basically this is a tool for workers who are doing repetitive tasks for extremely poorly designed systems that could and should be replaced by automation. What purpose does the worker have if his/her tasks can be automated?

Oh yeah I can see how this can be practical. I'm the procurement manager of the company. Instead of reviewing all those pesky procurement orders and purchase orders/bills, I just use my Microsoft Windows (tm) to automate pressing accept on all of them! Yay! I'm set for retirement!

I play a PC bowser type game that requires lots of clicking. This may help me out.
You don't need all this to do that. There is a simple freeware program that allows you to record mouse movements and clicks and then play them back at any given speed repeatedly. It can even be programmed to be triggered from different things. Keypress, something on the screen etc. It can be found with Google, can't remember the exact name anymore.

So how easy is it to use? Is it necessary to read pages and pages of help files before being productive with this new application?
In the end it didn't help with what I needed but I didn't read anything and was able to get it to operate easily.

Back