Microsoft's New, Improved, Red Screen Of Death

lol, now red, later a hand that comes out and slaps you saying "NO, bad computer user! Don't open the email attatchment!"

It's amazing that once you know what you're doing, BSODs seem to appear less and less often. I haven't seen one at home in over a year.

S1nF1xx said:
It's amazing that once you know what you're doing, BSODs seem to appear less and less often. I haven't seen one at home in over a year.
I haven't seen one at home or at work in years. Ever since XP reached SP1.

S1nF1xx said:
It's the OS improvements as well, it rarely generates BSODs and prevents apps from creating as many. Now most BSODs are hardware/driver issues.

Phoenix86 said:
It's the OS improvements as well, it rarely generates BSODs and prevents apps from creating as many. Now most BSODs are hardware/driver issues.

Last BSOD I got was when I tried forcing 2K3 to use a bad driver. :eek:

Before that, I received some because of a crashing HDD. XP is so incredibly stable it's amazing. The leap they made since the Win 98 days is phenominal.

I <3 u XP.

LMAO @ BBSpot.
"A while back, BBspot ran an article entitled Microsoft: The Next 25 Years. One of the predictive entries read:

2016 Microsoft enhances their only innovation by introducing the "Red Screen of Death."

Well, here on Longhorn, roughly 11 years early"

http://www.bbspot.com/Features/2000/9/ms_years.html
"2016 Microsoft enhances their only innovation by introducing the "Red Screen of Death."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha X eleventy billion.

OMG that is HILARIOUS! :D

I love these 2:

2001 .NET system goes online, human decisions are removed from the office environment

2001 2:14am, August 29th, .NET become self-aware, corporations try to pull the plug but it's too late, .NET strikes back.

Hahah! OMG! Whew....good laugh....time to get back to work, lol :p

Looks like MS is learning from apple. Same stratagy for stopping BSOD...

...apples are white.

Last BSOD I would see would be when i had my HP M/B with a P3 1GHz proc and it only happened when I installed my Audigy drivers. Every time i went to install the driver it would BSOD, reboot and then install the driver again no problem. Since I upgraded to my Abit P4, there hasnt been a single bsod i can think of.

I've only had BSODs in XP because I've either installed bad drivers or I've been overclocking too far.

Win9x crashes so often you'd think it's a feature and it supported crashing natively. Even when you're not doing anything, some harmless-looking background app will crash, then take down Explorer with it, which takes down everything else with it.

Apollo686 said:

...apples are white.

Did they finally deviate from the "frowny face" screens?
Those pissed me off in highschool. Writing an english paper and all of a sudden there's this damned stupid-assed frowny face staring at me and I lose 20min of work. :mad: :p

I used to get red screens where I worked and we were running Win95. :p

Apollo686 said:

...apples are white.
Right, now all you get is KERNEL PANIC <insertshitloadsoferrorcode>.

It's funny that no one complains about the grey screens of death or the black screens of death or the "sitting in front of a blank, unresponsive" screens of death that come with other operating systems, even though they occur on average just as much as Windows when doing the same tasks.

Wait, it isn't funny. It's just the same old sour grapes.

Back