Microsoft's Corporate Culture Has A Problem With The White Stuff

HardOCP News

[H] News
Don't feel bad, I thought this headline was insinuating that Microsoft had a problem with cocaine too.

A lot gets written about the problems of corporate culture in Silicon Valley. The workaholism, the sexism, the short-termism. But less gets written about the problems of corporate culture in Microsoft’s home turf of Redmond, Washington. Specifically, the milk.

Seriously, I was grabbing a Dew out of this one cooler, and there were no less than 8 opened milk cartons sitting there. *Eight*. I mean, come on. WTF?

Seriously, I was grabbing a Dew out of this one cooler, and there were no less than 8 opened milk cartons sitting there. *Eight*. I mean, come on. WTF?

Seems to be a common problem. I usually count a handful before leaving everyday sitting in the fridge and no one wants to use something that's already opened.

This has so much truth it hurts.

Trust me, no one is going to reuse your milk. The people who would have used it have long since been burned by reusing milk only to find out it is spoiled. Just use the rest of the milk or pour it down the drain and recycle the container.

I get that the creamer provided sucks but just bring your own like I do :p

Strange. The solution is out there. Single serving creamer size containers of milk (homo, 2% or skim, your choice). Available from food or dairy wholesalers and recyclable to boot. Maybe this is unique to Canada, but I doubt it.

I have been to the Redmond campus twice now and when I read this I was shocked. Until I seen it was about milk. I can see it they have free good coffee bold mild Starbucks and Seattle's best.:D

Can confirm this. 100%. Nobody touches the opened milk... we've all been burned, or warned.

A few things.
  1. You can drink milk, without coffee. It's really good with cereal too.
  2. This made national news, how?
  3. This should be at most an internal memo.
  4. Someone at MS needs to walk down the hall to purchasing and tell them to buy smaller sizes of milk cartons.
  5. This is one of the reasons I try to stay out of the break-room, where I work. Although we have nothing, but water provided.

Google was always more Playskool than MS. They probably have problems with the milk AND problems with stale P&B samiches and hard Flintstone vitamins going down HVAC vents

I work in an office, there is a communal carton of milk and cream in the fridge for coffee. It has this crazy thing on it called an expiry date. You check it before you use it, if its expired you dump it. Insane, I know.

I work in an office, there is a communal carton of milk and cream in the fridge for coffee. It has this crazy thing on it called an expiry date. You check it before you use it, if its expired you dump it. Insane, I know.

No one has time for that :D

I don't evderstand why people just don't fucking drink it, oh you only used 3 of the whopping 8 oz in your coffee, just drink the other 5 oz :| that's like one or two gulps.

Milks great though, I drink it in the morning and use it in my cereal, never once had a carton I wouldn't finish... Hell I usually grab 2 since they're so small :\

I don't evderstand why people just don't fucking drink it, oh you only used 3 of the whopping 8 oz in your coffee, just drink the other 5 oz :| that's like one or two gulps.

Milks great though, I drink it in the morning and use it in my cereal, never once had a carton I wouldn't finish... Hell I usually grab 2 since they're so small :\

Understand*

Fuck no edits

a 24ct of the mini-moos are $2. Buy one case for each coffee stand. problem solved.

Back