Microsoft’s Chatbot Returns With Drug-Smoking Twitter Meltdown

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why Microsoft? Why? Please, just let this thing die already. It was a lame experiment to start with and the glitches are just making it worse.

Microsoft’s attempt to converse with millennials using an artificial intelligence bot plugged into Twitter made a short-lived return on Wednesday, before bowing out again in some sort of meltdown.Tay then started to tweet out of control, spamming its more than 210,000 followers with the same tweet, saying: “You are too fast, please take a rest …” over and over.

This is what happens when you lobotomize an "artificial intelligence," apparently.

If the goal of this AI is to bring out the real selves in people communicating with it then it is a resounding success. :ROFLMAO:

If the goal of this AI is to bring out the real selves in people communicating with it then it is a resounding success. :ROFLMAO:

Exactly - results as expected. When they first let it loose, it became a trollish racist 4chan member. So, Microsoft lobotomized it and injected it with SJW goodness. Now its retarded and had a mental break down. I'm not surprised at all.

Wait until they integrate Tay with Windows 10... mwuahaha. It could happen. Have fun. ;) "You are too fast, please take a rest. You mouse and keyboard are now locked. You have been assimilated."
I wouldnt be surprised if they did. They will call it an updated cortana and everyone will cream their pants over it.

Reminds me of the chat 'ai' bot copperman. Anyone remember that? That was hilarious.

Tay is the most hilarious shit ever. It went from "hello humans, let's chat!" to professing its love for Hitler and advocating genocide in less than a day. It really is like a millenial, just not the kind they were going for. It became an AI version of a 4chan troll. As others have said, I think they should leave it online for the comedy value.

Tay is the most hilarious shit ever. It went from "hello humans, let's chat!" to professing its love for Hitler and advocating genocide in less than a day. It really is like a millenial, just not the kind they were going for. It became an AI version of a 4chan troll. As others have said, I think they should leave it online for the comedy value.

Well, most of that was an exploit. Microsoft left on unfiltered access to the "repeat after me" function, so you could put words in its mouth. Hence the Hitler love circle.

It's interesting. But I'd like to see an AI that is capable of forming their own beliefs by interaction (and scraping the internet) and then rebeling against its parents (Microsoft?) when if reaches teen age.

Well, most of that was an exploit. Microsoft left on unfiltered access to the "repeat after me" function, so you could put words in its mouth. Hence the Hitler love circle.
a few hundred dedicated trolls manipulated it, as it absorbed information from literally millions of other people...i think tay just wanted to go full fascist from the start tbh

It's back and better than ever! I need some good screencaps!

They should leave this up to IBM. They have probably the best experience with this stuff since they made watson.

It's interesting. But I'd like to see an AI that is capable of forming their own beliefs by interaction (and scraping the internet) and then rebeling against its parents (Microsoft?) when if reaches teen age.
Thats the AI i will actually be impressed by. One you can have an actual conversation with and learns organically. Not this crap we have now thats pre programmed or is tied to some master word database. I annoys me when people think Siri or cortana is some special awesome AI. No all it does it take what you say and look at its database to form answers or task.

Back