Microsoft Warns of 5 New Software Security Flaws

For future reference, when you guys post links to articles for discussion, try and get something started first instead of just posting a link.

:rolleyes: It figures.

For future reference, when you guys post links to articles for discussion, try and get something started first instead of just posting a link
But just think of the energy he saved by not typing it up!

Monkey34 said:
:rolleyes: It figures.

But just think of the energy he saved by not typing it up!

Hey, you never know - that sentence he could have typed could have trigged carpal tunnel.

THINK MAN! THINK!

PapaMing needs his rest :p
us old farts expect you whipper snappers to have at least some monkey curiosity :p

odoe said:
For future reference, when you guys post links to articles for discussion, try and get something started first instead of just posting a link.

I'm sorry. It's because of what Ice Czar said though. :)

Papa-Ming said:
I'm sorry. It's because of what Ice Czar said though. :)
...and we respect you for it.

...says another old guy. ;)

The upside is that the flaws only affect Windows, Internet Explorer, Word, Messenger and Exchange Server software. There wasn't any mention of Windows Media Player at all! Besides, all that can possibly happen is that the bad guys could take over your computer. :D

I wish Id started w\ Linux 4 years ago, Id be that much further through the learning curve
half my Windows boxes arent even connected to the net

mosin said:
...and we respect you for it.

...says another old guy. ;)

The upside is that the flaws only affect Windows, Internet Explorer, Word, Messenger and Exchange Server software. There wasn't any mention of Windows Media Player at all! Besides, all that can possibly happen is that the bad guys could take over your computer. :D

Thank You. It's we Geriatrics against the world. And there are so few of us left. :D

Now I must put Windows Media Player back on the box so that I'll have something safe to run. :eek:

Papa-Ming said:
Thank You. It's we Geriatrics against the world. And there are so few of us left. :D
Nope, there are plenty of us left. I know what we can do. We'll put a strain on social services. That'll teach'em to be respectful. :eek:

Only yesterday, on this very forum, some young kid said that experience didn't mean diddly, and he was talking about ol' mosin. Some other old guy defended me though. ;)

Ice Czar said:
I might resemble that remark?
Yes, and I appreciate it. There was another old guy there who also helped. Still, we didn't win the heart and mind of that youth. It's a shame really. It was my fault because I got so cantankerous. Old people are like that.

mosin said:
Yes, and I appreciate it. There was another old guy there who also helped. Still, we didn't win the heart and mind of that youth. It's a shame really. It was my fault because I got so cantankerous. Old people are like that.

XP is showing it's age then, as it's getting cantankerous. :)

Papa-Ming said:
XP is showing it's age then, as it's getting cantankerous. :)
Then you might be interested in being a beta tester for ZMX3 Professional. It's the yet unwrapped wireless wonder operating system. For only $983, it will be remotely installed on one workstation of your choice through the airwaves from a server in Redmond. It comes complete with an integrated software package that leaves nothing to be desired. For your safety, no other software is allowed on the computer, and none is needed. Your machine will also be constantly monitored from the server by sophisticated software designed especially for your computer habits and skill level. Best of all, this great advance doesn't use activation because Microsoft handles the installation and maintenance of your machine. *Your privacy is always protected, of course. Subscription rates are only $400 per year.

Minimum Computer Requirements:

600 megahertz Intel based processor
900 gigabytes free disk space
8 gigabytes of random access memory

*subject to MPAA, RIAA and Sony Music recommendations.

Back