Microsoft Volume Licensing across multiple companies?

KapsZ28

2[H]4U
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this. If you are an IT company, name ABC, and you are supporting multiple companies, BCD, CDE, ect. Can you purchase volume licensing and use those licenses for the companies you are supporting?

Such as Office 2010 Professional Plus.

Not only use those licenses for the other companies, but sell it to them at retail price?

no.
you cannot re-sell volume licensing keys unless you are a vendor.
and even then, each business would have to purchase their own volume licensing.

You should look into SPLA (Service provider license agreement) that you can resell, and markup,

You should look into SPLA (Service provider license agreement) that you can resell, and markup,

Looks good, but it doesn't include Windows 7 Professional. Right now I see the same Windows 7 Pro product key used at over 30 companies. Is there a way for that to be legal?

afaik your SPLA can contain any and all MS products or only a few. the SPLA just says "im going to resell these products"

recently went through this with a partner. their SPLA didnt have something that mine had so we just used mine for the POC until their SPLA was updated.

Looks good, but it doesn't include Windows 7 Professional. Right now I see the same Windows 7 Pro product key used at over 30 companies. Is there a way for that to be legal?

If the company bought open license then they will all be the same key

Back