Microsoft Updated its terms of service

All of your evidence, is screen shots of your own installation, which does not prove anything, other than you screwed up somewhere. I have read your posts, and I have tested it myself, and know that you are wrong, the offline option is still there, both for Windows 10 Home, and Windows 10 Pro all while connected with Ethernet. The fact there is what.. a hand full of people in this whole planet that seem to have this issue points to user error, unless you some how believe that MIcrosoft is only going to use their cloud to pick on your and a few others for what purpose? Seriously, listen to yourself. You want to get realistic: Fact: You have been belittling people, being rude, and a prick for how many pages? I didn't even comment until page 5.. which you started being a prick to people long before page 5 where I made my first comment in this thread, Which I said you are full of crap, and you are. So yea.. you created your piss poor attitude long before I came into the picture. But way to blame other's for your immaturity.

I already stated I made a mistake about the OOBE.. and the fact that you want to bitch me out after doing so, and tell me to grow up? I suggest you take your own advice.

Anyhow, I'm done entertaining a Troll, because that is all you are.

Eight posts up there's a post containing all the evidence and it's more than just my installs, there's even official word from Microsoft on the matter.

You are seriously besotted and blinded by an OS of all things to the point of outright denial. If you'd read my posts you'd know better than to mention offline installs as I never disputed the point - At this stage.

Last edited:
Eight posts up there's a post containing all the evidence and it's more than just my installs, there's even official word from Microsoft on the matter.

You are seriously besotted and blinded by an OS of all things to the point of outright denial. If you'd read my posts you'd know better than to mention offline installs as I never disputed the point - At this stage.

I edited my comment, go read it.

your evidence, once again, is 99% your screenshots.. one article, and the quote taken from Reddit. So where is the official word from Microsoft? The only thing I found was the quote form reddit..

I meant local account, not offline install, sorry, that was a mistype. Anyhow.. read my edit, and try the ISO created from Microsoft creation tool.

Last edited:

your evidence, once again, is 99% your screenshots.. one article, and the quote taken from Reddit. So where is the official word from Microsoft? The only thing I found was the quote form reddit..

I meant local account, not offline install, sorry, that was a mistype. Anyhow.. read my edit, and try the ISO created from Microsoft creation tool.

See! You aren't reading my posts.

It is not the ISO I am using, I don't know how many times I have to keep repeating myself. I have used two ISO's, once created with the Media Creation Tool, one as a raw ISO, both 1809 and 1903. The ISO is irrelevant as the OOBE is web based, as stated officially by Microsoft themselves: "When testing OOBE, keep in mind that you may not see cloud service pages during the flow."

You may not be seeing the web based OOBE as yet, I get it every time. The fact you haven't seen it yet does not indicate at all that it does not exist - It does exist and Microsoft can be quoted as stating:

"Starting on May 8th, Windows Update will be rolling out an update that removes the ability to create offline (local) accounts during the Windows OOBE (Out of Box Experience) phase. This affects Windows 10 Home only.

Previously, there was a button to create an "Offline account" link on the OOBE MSA sign-in page. This will be removed in the new experience.

If customers are adamant about not creating a Microsoft Account, and wants to know how they can just create an Offline account, the option to create an offline account will be available during OOBE if they skip the step to connect to a network.

If customers ask about why the Offline account option was removed during OOBE, explain that "we want to make the experience clearer to users how to set up their Microsoft Account".

I added to Lakados comment that there was no option at all to skip connecting to a network if connected via Ethernet, the OOBE simply went ahead and went straight into the Microsoft account creation with no option to create a local account. At which point Lakados found more information stating the following, bear in mind that the Autopilot mode is built into every Windows 10 ISO, I did not 'enable it':

Well fuck me after July 2, of this year they pulled that screen too.

"Windows Autopilot self-deploying mode enables a device to be deployed with little to no user interaction. For devices with an Ethernet connection, no user interaction is required; for devices connected via Wi-fi, no interaction is required after making the Wi-fi connection" So yeah if you are using Ethernet it is not an option

Lakados has also experienced the exact same feature:

I just did my new Dell G5 today and It wouldn’t let me do a local account, I was hardwired Wifi is down ATM while we replace the the PA system and the wifi controller. Which is when I realized they shipped it with home and I had to nuke that shit from orbit. Home edition makes me hurt. That and part of my A5 tenant is an Enterprise license so I might as well use it.

I am really getting sick of defending myself in the face of blind ignorance due to the fact that people refuse to read posts. You need to get this idea you have that I have done something to cause this feature, that has been confirmed by Microsoft and experienced by two other members in this thread, and you need to let it go. You were wrong, be a Man and admit it.

What reddit post, got a link? Thanks. Also, I have not seen a link for a Microsoft document about any non local account creation being removed during install.

See! You aren't reading my posts.

It is not the ISO I am using, I don't know how many times I have to keep repeating myself. I have used two ISO's, once created with the Media Creation Tool, one as a raw ISO, both 1809 and 1903. The ISO is irrelevant as the OOBE is web based, as stated officially by Microsoft themselves: "When testing OOBE, keep in mind that you may not see cloud service pages during the flow."

You may not be seeing the web based OOBE as yet, I get it every time. The fact you haven't seen it yet does not indicate at all that it does not exist - It does exist and Microsoft can be quoted as stating:

I added to Lakados comment that there was no option at all to skip connecting to a network if connected via Ethernet, the OOBE simply went ahead and went straight into the Microsoft account creation with no option to create a local account. At which point Lakados found more information stating the following, bear in mind that the Autopilot mode is built into every Windows 10 ISO, I did not 'enable it':

Lakados has also experienced the exact same feature:

I am really getting sick of defending myself in the face of blind ignorance due to the fact that people refuse to read posts. You need to get this idea you have that I have done something to cause this feature, that has been confirmed by Microsoft and experienced by two other members in this thread, and you need to let it go. You were wrong, be a Man and admit it.

WTF buddy. You linked a picture of you trying to install it in a VM saying that it is proof you are using a legit ISO.. second I didn't see where you said you used 2. Third.. so Lakados is experiencing the same thing.....So we have 2 people.. so far... hell, lets give you a 1000 people having the issue.... out of millions.. IT's Your fault, it's Lakados fault.. maybe not intentional, but you did something that created this problem.. As I told you already, go read the article you linked.. it tells you how you lock yourself in the problem... (You key is flagged).

We are reading your posts, and we are telling you that you are placing your blame in the wrong place. IF there was an issue, it would be all over the internet and there would be a huge back lash. Not just a couple people having the issues. Like I said, this is user error. You and Lakadoes did something that has caused your issue. Get all pissed all you want.. facts are facts.. Millions are not having this issue... a handful are..

The Quote from Lakados doesn't mean shit!! As I linked on the previous page, and will link again, it was taken from reddit! Now stop posting, because the next one I will flag for Trolling because that is all you are doing. We hear you have a problem.. we believe it is user error.. get over it!

What reddit post, got a link? Thanks. Also, I have not seen a link for a Microsoft document about any non local account creation being removed during install.

I haven't found any such reference but the exact words Lakados quoted here on reddit made by LadyOrbuse:

Nothing from Microsoft. If Mazzspeed have such evidence, he would have already shared it.. at this point, I consider him a troll and will report him as such.,

Youtube said this a decade ago. Everything you upload they can reuse.

I think this is just a blanket legal statement to minimize the possibility they get sued for any technicality.

Alright everyone, let's keep it civil and keep keep the discussion focused on the thread topic.

Back