Microsoft Tops Forbes' Most Inspiring Companies List

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft has once again taken the top spot on Forbes' Most Inspiring Companies list. Google dropped to number seven and Apple landed in the number twelve spot this year.

Microsoft, the 38-year-old Redmond, Wash.-based software giant, returned to the No. 1 spot after a two-year hiatus. In 2011 and 2012 Apple landed at the top of the heap—while Microsoft held the No. 3 and No. 5 spots, respectively. But thanks to the company’s philanthropic initiatives, passionate employees and stellar leadership, it reclaimed the title of America’s Most Inspiring Company this year.

I blame NTFS, must be the culprit.

It is nice to see that some people can still take drugs and get away with it, go Forbes go :)

Must be Windows 8 inspiring everyone.

/keepstraightface

XD

Nope, couldn't do it.

Forbes is not even slightly fucking inspiring. The blind leading the blind.

That said, I just bought a Surface Pro 2, and I am going to love it.

Thanks Microsoft, you helped me to see the start menu. Then you took it away. Then half brought it back.
Inspiring. Truly. Inspiring.

Microsoft? Inspiring?

Is Forbes located in Colorado?

Question, why DOESNT it make sense? The new windows phones are fantastic, the GUI is IMO better than IOS and android, its functionality is great, and it does things different. The Vision for XBox One if it comes to fruition will integrate incredibly well with home entertainment systems, and only narrow minded people see that as a disadvantage.

The Surface Pro 1&2 are phenomenal devices, Windows RT is fine and most people who criticize it have very little to no real experience with it vs its competition.

Gates is still one of the most charitable people on the planet, putting a huge amount of money to good use, more so than most any other insanely rich individuals.

so tell me again, why is it no plausible?

Question, why DOESNT it make sense? The new windows phones are fantastic, the GUI is IMO better than IOS and android, its functionality is great, and it does things different. The Vision for XBox One if it comes to fruition will integrate incredibly well with home entertainment systems, and only narrow minded people see that as a disadvantage.

The Surface Pro 1&2 are phenomenal devices, Windows RT is fine and most people who criticize it have very little to no real experience with it vs its competition.

Gates is still one of the most charitable people on the planet, putting a huge amount of money to good use, more so than most any other insanely rich individuals.

so tell me again, why is it no plausible?

Because it's 1999 again - it's cool to hate Microsoft again (sorry - Micro$oft, MicroShaft, whatever). Duh.

Microsoft as a company is amazing. It has it's ups and downs, but it has done some amazing things. People know Windows. They know IE. They know what Microsoft Word is. Brand recognition, charities, device impact and reach. It's pretty damn amazing.

Inspiring? How many software startups want to be like Microsoft? It's a real rags to riches kind of story. Pretty inspiring story, too.

Back