Microsoft "taking another look at" Live for Windows

Roufuss

Gawd
http://pc.ign.com/articles/854/854119p1.html

The interview is full of PR bullshit but it's semi refreshing to see that MS acknowledges there is a problem with the current pricing structure of Live for Windows.

HUGE props to IGN PC for putting this out there, too.

I think the fact that every Live for Windows games I know of has completely dead online, of which I attribute to Live for Windows and their Gold status, is pretty telling.

I'm not sure how well Halo 2 Vista does, but I know Gears of War is completely dead, so is Universe at War (which would have probably developed a tiny niche for online if it wasn't for LFW).

whats wrong with the pricing structure? Do you have to pay to play games like GoW? I thought it was free for PC-PC play, and pay for PC-console play

Trying to charge people to play online is completely and utterly retarded, if they expect this to do well with any pricing structure other than completely and utterly free they're living in a dream world.

I submitted comments on their website about how the live/games for windows thing that trys to force standards for the PC, like widescreen ability, needed to be fixed since they were supporting widescreen as vert- instead of the correct horz+

Never heard anything back from them which suggests to me they don't give a damn, and that its just marketing BS.

Back