Microsoft Store Game downloads really slow/errors!

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Trying to download the new Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft store and the download is really slow, about 1mbs and I keep getting errors stopping the download completely. I have searched for solutions and found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...w/48d85a15-5f54-4d40-ae34-5b8b88f8bdcc?auth=1 I followed all 3 steps but still have the same problem. It's not my internet as I am getting over 300mbs on speedtests and other downloads go quickly. I have had issues with other downloads on the Microsoft store but was able to finally get the file.

Those steps are actually more for when the store refuses to install anything at all. What version of Windows 10 are you on? When I was having slow download issues, updating from version 1809 to 1903 fixed it for me, but it's still going to have intermittent issues. It's honestly just something I learned to live with by kicking a big download off before going to sleep. If I wake up and it's stalled I will pause and restart it. Reminds me of trying to get Half-Life 2 installed on Steam 16 years ago... :banghead:

Isn't there an xbox app you can use to download games for windows iso the store? Or is that only for the game pass I ddon't remember.

Those steps are actually more for when the store refuses to install anything at all. What version of Windows 10 are you on? When I was having slow download issues, updating from version 1809 to 1903 fixed it for me, but it's still going to have intermittent issues. It's honestly just something I learned to live with by kicking a big download off before going to sleep. If I wake up and it's stalled I will pause and restart it. Reminds me of trying to get Half-Life 2 installed on Steam 16 years ago... :banghead:
Version says 2004
version_LI.jpg

Problem with starting the download before going to bed is I get less than 1gig before it stops because of an error. The error says it's unable to connect to the service. The file is 64gigs, that would take 2 months to get the whole file :).

Version says 2004
View attachment 245270
Problem with starting the download before going to bed is I get less than 1gig before it stops because of an error. The error says it's unable to connect to the service. The file is 64gigs, that would take 2 months to get the whole file :).
That's the latest version. The Microsoft Store is a confusing mess, in my opinion. I really don't know what else you could try. Sometimes it just refuses to work for me and other times downloads will fly like Steam.

After 2 days I finally got the game installed. However now it crashes at the startup video.

I had issues with the Killer networks crap that is installed for Killer NICs. I had to get rid of that crap and download the hardware driver only version. It caused slow downloads and errors with the windows store downloads.

I had issues with the Killer networks crap that is installed for Killer NICs. I had to get rid of that crap and download the hardware driver only version. It caused slow downloads and errors with the windows store downloads.
I am hard wired to my modem, only problem I have downloading anything is with the Microsoft Store.

I am hard wired to my modem, only problem I have downloading anything is with the Microsoft Store.
..Yes, so if you have a Killer NIC make sure you don’t have the killer apps installed. Download the hardware driver only from their website. This is what my problem was.

The internet has been slow due to layoffs of people I mean you have like 25 million people on Steam at any given time.
Youtube is slow as well for streamers.

His symptoms describe the issue I had exactly. It's not slow internet because everything else at least has somewhat normal bandwidth. It's a conflict with how the Windows store downloads and some piece of software that acts as a man-in-the-middle to do QOS like the Killer Networks suite. It causes incredibly slow downloads along with corrupted data and just outright failing the download.

My assumption is that because Windows Store downloads utilize the Windows Update service which applies it's own form of QOS within Windows that other QOS applications like Killer's bullcrap cause it to fail.

I have an Intel Gigabit NIC (On motherboard). Not sure what "Overlays" even are or if I have any.

Back