Microsoft Prepping Zune Filling Stations?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, Microsoft is planning on making deals with retail chains to offer in store music downloads or “filling stations”. Downloading tunes wirelessly, whether it be at home or Starbucks, sounds like a good idea to me.

Imagine going to your late teens/early twenties clothing store, hearing a great song over the speakers, and being able to immediately download the track to your Zune right there. No need to walk up to the snarky cashier and ask her what the song is. Cool, eh?

Seems kinda cool. Hell maybe you'll see a deal like buy a combo meal and get a free song.

Extremely cool. Might actually sway me to buy a Zune if it does come to fruition.

Just want I want, to be squirted on, when wondering through a store.

On a side note, we'll all be pretty pissed when we pay for songs and after charging our credit card the machine says:

"Sorry, only about 50% of your selection is able to be distributed wirelessly."

after owning a zune for a week, i took it back to best buy and exchanged it for an ipod. i couldn't deal with the buggy zune software one second more. it would never finish synchronizing; always stuck a 65% it can't even recognize mp3s when rearching my music folder. i miss my brown zune, but now i have an ipod like everybody else:(

after owning a zune for a week, i took it back to best buy and exchanged it for an ipod. i couldn't deal with the buggy zune software one second more. it would never finish synchronizing; always stuck a 65% it can't even recognize mp3s when rearching my music folder. i miss my brown zune, but now i have an ipod like everybody else:(

I know of two people personally that have done just that,they bought a Zune,didnt like it for whatever reason,then returned it,and bought an Ipod. :(

I know of a third owner who is also thinking of returning it,but hasnt actually made up her mind yet.

I've had mine for about a week now. 15 gigs of mp3s were instantly sorted into artist/album, downloaded album art on it's own and synced in about 15 minutes after install.

I like my Zune. But I also didn't have your problems..

great idea ... convenience of buying ring-tones (not that I do) in a MP3 player.

AWESOME!

Back