Microsoft patented a chatbot that would let you talk to dead people. It was too disturbing for production.

There was a black mirror episode on this topic I didn't watch because I thought it might be too creepy...

Social media heavy generation could have conversation with their younger self............

I truly don't see how a cohesive society can survive all the fucked up AI shit coming down the pike. Something something luddite.

No one has mentioned what this REALLY is, it looks like.
Face it. It's ghost writing.

They take your entire chat history and feed it into a machine learning algorithm, and they create a chatbot that talks like you do. This means it can impersonate you, and replace you. Don't get hung up on the "dead person" part.

It can replace you even if you're still alive.

So terminators will not sound like Arnold....

They will sound just like you and plead with your significant other to end you.

No I'm the real me... No I'm the real me... shoot that one its an imposter.

necromancy: the practice of communicating with the dead

It's witchcraft but many folks want to believe such things are just in video games so small wonder Microsoft would want to sell it

necromancy: the practice of communicating with the dead

It's witchcraft but many folks want to believe such things are just in video games so small wonder Microsoft would want to sell it
No, Microsoft's specialty is Copromancy

AI allowing a person’s personality to exist in perpetuity? Definite Neuromancer vibes.

nope nope nope… cannot talk to dead people...
You can talk to dead people through prayer. That is if you believe the spirit exists. Just been binge watching "Lost". A lot of guidance can be obtained through communication with the spirit of the lost. The memory engrams are there, somewhere, and calculations of the next best step in your life can be detertmined by accessing a compilation of those memory engrams. Sure it is artificial, but the engrams are there and can be used as a temporal redux so to speak.

Last edited:
You can talk to dead people through prayer. That is if you believe the spirit exists. Just been binge watching "Lost". A lot of guidance can be obtained through communication with the spiit of the lost. The memory engrams are there, somewhere, and calculations of the next best step in your life can be detertmined by accessing a compilation of those memory engrams. Sure it is artificial, but the engrams are there and can be used as a temporal redux so to speak.
no, you can't one is to pray to God and He is not dead.

no, you can't one is to pray to God and He is not dead.
God is like Schrodinger's cat. God is everything, both alive and dead, everything. The spirit exists of all whom has ever lived. You need to understand spirituality. Mankind is temporal being and in a lost one's spirit, prayer can be used to imagine a lost one's spirit's nature. Our existence is body, mind and and spirit, the sacred triumvirate. The math exists, it's learning to use that nature for guidance in our lives.

God is like Schrodinger's cat. God is everything, both alive and dead, everything. The spirit exists of all whom has ever lived. You need to understand spirituality. Mankind is temporal being and in a lost one's spirit, prayer can be used to imagine a lost one's spirit's nature. Our existence is body, mind and and spirit, the sacred triumvirate. The math exists, it's learning to use that nature for guidance in our lives.

That is some deep shit! I would love to hear you talk about this stuff when I am lit (which is not a whole lot) but still. I know you might think I am joking I am totally not! My imagination would run wild there!

Holy crap! After that episode, have I don 't believe I've been here before?
Edit- as a skunk as they say. One small temporal anomaly. Now, Kyle has been more than patient with me, that's why I call him my brother. The Imfinum cosole fiasco was the funniest shit I ever saw in my life. Thanks, bro, ur the only feller I care to go fishing with.

Last edited:
It’s software. It’s not the real person. Even if you copied the real person neuron for neuron like in Star Trek, that person would just be a copy, and the real person would be dead. Same would apply to a conscious self-aware AI. It could upload a copy of itself, but the original would dead as well.

That said, watching Star Treks holideck episodes makes this seem like no big deal to me.

Maybe in the future we can “upload” our memories into a digital form. Maybe they can even scan our brain waves onto an AI and replicate us. It would be a neat way for future humans to see ancestors lost to time. But, you, the original you, the consciousness that is reading this right now, isn’t there. It’s dead and gone forever.

Savor every second of life both good and bad. You are the universe made conscious for a brief second of time, trying to understand itself.

Last edited:
Back