Microsoft Patent Describes a Persistence of Vision Augmented Reality Display

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Mar 22, 2019.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Microsoft has filed a patent for a new type of mixed-reality head-mounted display (HMD) called a Persistence of Vision Augmented Reality Display. The display uses movable screens to simulate a 360 degree field of view. These screens can rotate back and forth, spin around a user's head, or spin in front of the user's eyes. The device isn't guaranteed to ever see the light of day, but hopefully some of the ideas make it into other products.

Microsoft's patent FIG. 4A below illustrates a movement based display device with a movable member configured to rotate about a user's head; FIG. 4B illustrates a movement based display device with a movable member configured to reciprocate in front of user's eyes; FIG. 4C illustrates a movement based display device with movable members configured to spin in front of the user's eyes

dragonstongue likes this.
  2. purple_monster

purple_monster Limp Gawd

haha look at that nerd in the patent diagrams, what is he watching?

dragonstongue and cageymaru like this.
  3. thenapalm

thenapalm Limp Gawd

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiptoptens.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F06%2FX-Ray-Specs.jpg

4. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

I went looking for an image of some dildos spinning around a guy's head ..... problem is, I'm at work and the search results were just too much to bare.

You guys will just have to use your imaginations.

The phrase that set me on this self-destructive course was "a movable member configured to rotate about a user's head;"

What can I say, it sets the bar for visuals :ROFLMAO:

dragonstongue and cageymaru like this.
  5. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

6. sleepeeg3

sleepeeg3 [H]ardness Supreme

bukkake!

dragonstongue and purple_monster like this.