Microsoft: Office 2013 Service Pack 1 Coming Q1 2014

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft will be introducing its first Service Pack for Office 2013 sometime during Q1 2014. The update will offer enhancements and improved compatibility for Windows 8.1 and overall improved performance.

Office 2013 was released last year and has been rumored to get a set of annual updates known by the codename "Gemini," similar to Windows' "Blue" updates.

Sweet, awesome, cool.

They won't release any more Windows SP's but they sure will for office (which already gets cumulative updates).

I have been using office 2007 since its release. I have no issue. What is point releasing so many versions, 2010 and 2013?

Running out of things to post about MajorDomo?

The Microsoft article is nothing more than the obviously expected long before it was published. Since when has Microsoft not made at least one Service Pack for its core consumer products (Windows, Windows Server, Office)? It has been a long time!

This would have been worth if only they included a changelog. That is what I was looking for in the article, and I found it not. :(

I really like Microsoft's packaging design as of late. Though I will add that Office for Mac has the better UI and box.

I have been using office 2007 since its release. I have no issue. What is point releasing so many versions, 2010 and 2013?

then you likely don't "use" office like others do..

Like people who say GIMP is as good a Photoshop....you don't use %99 of the other features it offers or can do, or are just not aware of them.

I am the same though, i barely use it's features, it works for me, sometimes new versions offer things that make my life easier...

It's hard to believe there has already been two thousand and thirteen versions of Office.

Most of our machines are still loaded with Version 2000.

As far as I can tell, all the math is still the same, and all the words are spelled the same, so why change?

Versions, circa 1980:

Name - Indicates what the product does.

First Number - Structure of the program.

Second Number - Major change to program.

Third Number - Bug fixes, update.

ie - 3.10.2 = Third complete compiling. 10 major feature changes. 2 bug fixes.

So I'm thinking MS Office is about to hit 3.2.2?

Outlook 2013's IMAP support is completely broken and now they are telling people it will have to wait until this "service pack" to get it fixed.

I am astounded that anyone could be capable of such incompetence. I am only glad I tested the turd rather than deployed it. If I programmed such a glaring defect and then said I wouldn't release a fix for months, I'd be fired.

Back