Microsoft Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starguard

Limp Gawd
This is something that came with my computer only in a trial version. Now that its expired, is there anyway I can get this to work again without being forced to fork over $100 for the whole thing.

All I really need from it is Microsoft word. :confused:

Just throwing out some LEGAL suggestions.

If you search around there are deals to buy certain versions of Office for students and other audiences I believe. Just search around these forums.

Or you can go with OpenOffice. It works quite well.

Or Google Docs or there's even going to be the online and free versions of Office though they are going to be a fairly limited.

That said if you deal with documents 24x7 Office is just a hell of a tool. Its got its issues but its so mature and Office 2007 cleaned up the interface dramatically though I know thats debatable.

Open Office is pretty decent and probably overall the most practical free alternative to MS Office at this time.

A few options:

1) Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (though it too will also expire eventually)
2) Download OpenOffice
3) Keep an eye out for Office Max and other sales. You can land the Student and Home edition of Office for under 100 bucks. Cheapest I've seen it is 80 maybe? Amazon has it listed at $99.99 right now.
4) If you can hold out Microsoft Office 2010 will have a free online version, similar to Google Docs.

A few options:

1) Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (though it too will also expire eventually)
2) Download OpenOffice
3) Keep an eye out for Office Max and other sales. You can land the Student and Home edition of Office for under 100 bucks. Cheapest I've seen it is 80 maybe? Amazon has it listed at $99.99 right now.
4) If you can hold out Microsoft Office 2010 will have a free online version, similar to Google Docs.

MS will be letting people use the FREE version of Word 2010 and Excel 2010 online only. If you need access to PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc you will need to buy a copy. If you know a friend in college they might be able to get a cheap license of 2007 ranging anywhere between $5-$50 on the sly...

MS will be letting people use the FREE version of Word 2010 and Excel 2010 online only. If you need access to PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc you will need to buy a copy. If you know a friend in college they might be able to get a cheap license of 2007 ranging anywhere between $5-$50 on the sly...

Probably someone reselling their TechNet license keys. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back