Microsoft Not Giving Up on Windows RT

LOL! Of course plenty of people in this forum work in IT and understand that having larger displays can be helpful. But you can't carry those displays around with current technology. If all that matters to you in regards Windows is having non-mobile capabilities then I totally understand where you're coming from.

So now it's only Windows RT that you don't like when you've blasted Windows 8 to hell and back?

The more I work with 8 the more I hate it. RT is nothing more of the same shit.

I am not surprised that they put Metro into server 2012.. To fucking drive you nuts so you have to use power shell and core install.

Actually I didn't start the whole tablet shit another poster made a post about how his Touch Hubris UI was blah blah. I was referring to the lost cause RT is. I still laugh when people claim they will be productive on a tablet.. In fact it was you and GoldenTiger that started of on a segway of that had nothing to do with RT. That's why I posted theoretical test for RT, because it can't do it. My whole point was that you will never be as efficient on Touch vs Clasic interface.. Obviously you guy are "special" and missed the whole point.

I still laugh when people claim they will be productive on a tablet.

I'd love you to find anywhere where GT or I ever said anything about people being more productive on a tablet. I know that neither of us said that in general context. Speaking for myself, being able to pick up a PC like a clipboard and accessing the same programs and files just like I would on my desktop is very useful and productive for me. I can be sitting on my couch watching the NCAA tournament and do at least some things from the comfort of my couch.

In fact it was you and GoldenTiger that started of on a segway of that had nothing to do with RT. That's why I posted theoretical test for RT, because it can't do it. My whole point was that you will never be as efficient on Touch vs Clasic interface.. Obviously you guy are "special" and missed the whole point.

And my whole point for is that you don't have to chose. You've never explained how I can use Windows 8 on a dual screen non-touch monitor setup which a keyboard and mouse in Visual Studio the same in Windows 7 & 8.

They can't quit RT when they're already quitting the desktop.

Windows RT, the not so good

Well MS might not be, but everyone else can see the sinking ship. To bad to. Not sure who to blame really. The horrible UI that no one likes, the strong competition form iOS/Android devices, or the fact it has all the drawbacks of windows with no good apps.

Windows RT, the not so good

Well MS might not be, but everyone else can see the sinking ship. To bad to. Not sure who to blame really. The horrible UI that no one likes, the strong competition form iOS/Android devices, or the fact it has all the drawbacks of windows with no good apps.

Still too high. RT is interesting, but I can't see it competing at current price points, even after reductions. It needs to sell in the $250 range to compete with Android tablets.

Still too high. RT is interesting, but I can't see it competing at current price points, even after reductions. It needs to sell in the $250 range to compete with Android tablets.

Sure, if it was a 7 inch tablet, I might agree. However, a 10.1 inch or higher tablet selling for $250 probably is not going to happen. (Not even in the Android space unless they are selling it a severe loss.)

Sure, if it was a 7 inch tablet, I might agree. However, a 10.1 inch or higher tablet selling for $250 probably is not going to happen. (Not even in the Android space unless they are selling it a severe loss.)

They really need to bring out a 7 inch model. 10+ inches is simply obnoxiously large for a highly mobile device. I do see your point though. Maybe $300 for a larger 10 inch model would be closer to reasonable. I'd be willing to pay a small price premium for an OS that isn't Google spyware in disguise.

They really need to bring out a 7 inch model. 10+ inches is simply obnoxiously large for a highly mobile device. I do see your point though. Maybe $300 for a larger 10 inch model would be closer to reasonable. I'd be willing to pay a small price premium for an OS that isn't Google spyware in disguise.

I love your username... :eek: .

Fading_Away.mp3
That's the sad thing really. Back in the PDA days, when Windows CE was still relevant, I actually loved those CE devices. The SDKs and dev environments were free, and I could write my own software.

I don't care one bit about WinRT, but my interest could pick up with lower cost, and lighter, 7" devices. Otherwise, why would I choose it over an Android device, when I can get a quad core + SGX544MP2 + 2048x1536 LCD, 1.4lb with Jelly Bean for under $250, or brand name 7" ones for around $200.

And oh em gee, look at the used price crashing on the Surface 32GB http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-32GB/dp/B009XNBFJK

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd love you to find anywhere where GT or I ever said anything about people being more productive on a tablet. I know that neither of us said that in general context. Speaking for myself, being able to pick up a PC like a clipboard and accessing the same programs and files just like I would on my desktop is very useful and productive for me. I can be sitting on my couch watching the NCAA tournament and do at least some things from the comfort of my couch.

Why not just pick up a laptop? then you actually have a keyboard and lcd that doesnt fold up on you when your trying to work from the sofa.

I think the clipboard like utility excels more in a work environment then a "sit on the sofa kinda working while watching march madness" situation...

I wish Microsoft would better implement RT, .NET framework and Visual Studio.

Why not just pick up a laptop? then you actually have a keyboard and lcd that doesnt fold up on you when your trying to work from the sofa.

I think the clipboard like utility excels more in a work environment then a "sit on the sofa kinda working while watching march madness" situation...

Do you know what a convertible PC is? (rhetorical question... go google it!)

Windows RT has no chance against the iPad. Zero chance of success whatsoever. The iPad curb stomps it in every way. Windows on ARM shouldn't have been made. This isn't Linux which is compiled for all architectures and where most programs are open source and are thus also compiled for all architectures by other people other than the original developer. RT doesn't even permit non-metro applications effectively blocking out open source .NET apps as well even though they're literally a single click away in Visual Studio.

They should have just scaled up Windows Phone for tablets and made just Surface Pro with Windows 8.

Windows RT has no chance against the iPad. Zero chance of success whatsoever. The iPad curb stomps it in every way. Windows on ARM shouldn't have been made. This isn't Linux which is compiled for all architectures and where most programs are open source and are thus also compiled for all architectures by other people other than the original developer. RT doesn't even permit non-metro applications effectively blocking out open source .NET apps as well even though they're literally a single click away in Visual Studio.

They should have just scaled up Windows Phone for tablets and made just Surface Pro with Windows 8.

Because people are beating down doors to get there hands on a windows phone? They should have had the common sense to either make apps for the damn thing and priced it right or just stuck to the niche that is Surface Pro.

Windows RT should have been a separate product. The Tablet UI could have been included as an app for Windows 8.

windows RT IS A SEPARATE PRODUCT

seriously, i mean seriously. i dont understand whats happened to the userbase here at hard forums at all.

man back in the 90's. it was the cutting edge user base. shade tree computer scientists. guys with the mentality of possibly becoming WOZ 2.0.

now though?

reviews all say what RT is going to be for MONTHS. people here still run out and buy RT tablets and then go OMG WAT IS DIS??!?!!? MUST JAILBRAEK!!@@!!!11!!!

i give up. I mean, im glad you all help kyle and steve pay their rent and all but damn.

i mean

damn

Back