Microsoft LSV2-Series Azure Virtual Machines Are Powered by AMD EPYC

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Microsoft has announced that its Lsv2-series Azure virtual machines (VM) are powered by AMD EPYC 7551 processors. The Lsv2-series features high throughput, low latency, and directly mapped local NVMe storage. The VMs are configurable from 8 to 80 vCPUs with simultaneous multi-threading. A 1.92TB NVMe SSD M.2 device is available per 8 vCPUs with up to 19.2TB (10 x 1.92TB) available on the 80vCPU L80s v2. The Lsv2-series is a great solution for high throughput and high IOPS workloads including big data applications, SQL and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, and large transactional databases. Applications that can benefit from large in-memory databases work well with these VMs. Examples include Cassandra, MongoDB, Cloudera, and Redis. Microsoft worked closely with AMD to maximize customer value.

"Designed from the ground up for the modern IT enterprise, the AMD EPYC 7551 processor featured in the Microsoft Azure Lsv2 VM instance has today's highest core count for a server processor, exceptional memory capacity and bandwidth, coupled with phenomenal I/O density. Combine this with the strength of Azure, and it creates a perfect environment for workloads such as in memory databases and big data. Microsoft Azure was the first global cloud provider to deploy AMD EPYC processors and we're excited to continue this partnership as we target even greater performance in 2019."

What the sound I hear? Oh... that's the sound of Intel shitting their pants.

AWS got AMD instances a while back too.

I dunno about Intel shittin their britches though

Back