Microsoft Launches Disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Microsoft has announced that it has launched the disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital Edition. The $250 video game console will feature a 1TB hard drive and is comparable to a $300 Xbox One S without the ability to play physical discs. Microsoft expects to maintain that price difference between the two consoles going forward. Preorders are being accepted for the console that launches on May 7, 2019.

Go all digital with the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and build a library of digital games that travels with you and is available in the cloud. Take your cloud saves on the go, and enjoy the ability to preorder and pre-install upcoming games so you’re ready to play the moment they launch. Expand your options with Xbox Game Pass, discovering and downloading over 100 great games (subscription sold separately). You can pick up the disc-free Xbox One S All-Digital Edition at your local Microsoft Store or online, as well as select retailers worldwide including Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon.com beginning May 7.
Xbox-One-S-All-Digital-01.png

Things going all digital is nice, but its too bad we still have to deal with data caps...

Dunno what MS is thinking.
$249 for the weakest version of the One and no drive, while used S is $199 and less with drive and bundled extras.

Third party games still run bad. 720-900p-1080p ....lowered graphic fidelity and frame rate problems.

MS still has their firstparty problem.

Pointless to do anything but buy a used One X or wait nextgen.

Dunno what MS is thinking.

I'll tell you what they are thinking. They are thinking they can potentially make more money by making consoles that cannot play second hand games. It's not rocket science. MS Was originally planning to lock out second hand games on the original incarnation of the Xbox one.

Thanks Cagey for all the stories you've posted recently.

I feel at $250 it's not awful but seems like it really should be $200 or the $250 should come with some kind of game bundle.

I'll tell you what they are thinking. They are thinking they can potentially make more money by making consoles that cannot play second hand games. It's not rocket science. MS Was originally planning to lock out second hand games on the original incarnation of the Xbox one.
Sure, but I'm questioning their timing -- doing this at the end of this gen's cycle when floods of S units with drives already exist for $199. The weakest One hardware..at least $50 overpriced..and no drive. WTH.

MS has a habit of chasing long departed trains.

I get why people are upset , its nice to have a nice collection on your shelf and it feel more tangible than digital download , but i still prefer all digital , my One X has never had its disc used and i got load of games i buy cheap on sales and from key sellers

I get why people are upset , its nice to have a nice collection on your shelf and it feel more tangible than digital download , but i still prefer all digital , my One X has never had its disc used and i got load of games i buy cheap on sales and from key sellers

I'm all for all-digital moving forward, but they really need to bring the good sales to the online market more, as I can walk into a store and buy a nice cheap game on sale, but often via the store is much more (speaking as a PS4 owner, I don't own an Xbox). Also as someone from Australia where the internet is somehow third-world equivalent, Discs still make a lot of sense considering the sizes of games these days. It just takes far too long to download/update games for many of us here. I'm on a reasonable 100/5 connection (soon 100/40), but most are on ADSL still with sub 10mbps speeds.

Back