Microsoft Is Bringing the IntelliMouse Explorer Back

no side mouse buttons on the new version?...I liked the Intellimouse back in the day...I still use a MS Laser Mouse 6000 as my main mouse...feels good in my hand, side button placement is perfect and scroll wheel is solid with indentations...as with keyboards I don't need a fancy $200 one to get the most out of my gaming experience

no side mouse buttons on the new version?...I liked the Intellimouse back in the day...I still use a MS Laser Mouse 6000 as my main mouse...feels good in my hand, side button placement is perfect and scroll wheel is solid with indentations...as with keyboards I don't need a fancy $200 one to get the most out of my gaming experience
Since mice are made for righties the thumb buttons would be on the other side. It is odd that they would show a picture of the right side of the mouse while the other mice featured on the page are of the left side.

One other button placement I really like is just below the wheel, like on logitec master mx 2s, I use it to make custom screenshots, super useful and simple.

I had a 3.0 that went tits up, cable short. This was in the low-to mid 2000's. MS gave me very little flack about the mouse being "just out of warranty," and sent me a new one. I do realize that it was probably a known problem to MS. But still, they supported me as a customer.

We all trash MS, but with that mouse problem they definitely treated me well.

Trust me, I know it's hit and miss.

Since mice are made for righties the thumb buttons would be on the other side. It is odd that they would show a picture of the right side of the mouse while the other mice featured on the page are of the left side.

I guess I'm out of the loop when it comes to the latest mice trend...don't they make mice with 1 side button on each side anymore?...that's what I currently use, have always used and prefer...having both buttons on one side doesn't feel right to me...or maybe it's that I'm so used to having it on both sides

Boy, this thread is a throwback.

These were good mice, but I think intervening technology has topped them. I replaced mine with a MX518 (also now extinct) and have stayed on the Logitech train since.

I wonder if will be as inferior to it's predecessor as the re-released Natural Elite keyboards were.

Is that the one with the jacked up half size up, down, left, right? I bought my parents one of them way back in the day without even looking at it before purchase. They still use it but I curse everytime I'm home.

Boy, this thread is a throwback.

These were good mice, but I think intervening technology has topped them. I replaced mine with a MX518 (also now extinct) and have stayed on the Logitech train since.

Same. I still have two of the 3.0's but later moved to an MX518 which all the rubber came off the top and stopped working. Currently still using my Logitech G9x.

Is that the one with the jacked up half size up, down, left, right? I bought my parents one of them way back in the day without even looking at it before purchase. They still use it but I curse everytime I'm home.
I can't remember because I don't have them anymore (yes, them: two of them died on me).

I guess I'm out of the loop when it comes to the latest mice trend...don't they make mice with 1 side button on each side anymore?...that's what I currently use, have always used and prefer...having both buttons on one side doesn't feel right to me...or maybe it's that I'm so used to having it on both sides
Say, what? Just to be clear, we are talking about these, yes?
upload_2017-10-20_14-23-6.png

This is what my G502 looks like:
upload_2017-10-20_14-24-27.png

Neither of them have buttons on the right side.

Say, what? Just to be clear, we are talking about these, yes?

Neither of them have buttons on the right side.

I know most mice nowadays come with both side buttons on 1 side...but I've always used ones with buttons on opposite sides-- one of the left side and one on the right...I've been using my current MS wired Laser Mouse 6000 for years and before that IntelliMouse and other mice with the same layout...I tried one of those Logitech ones with side buttons on the same side but I didn't like it...I'm sure it would be fine after getting used to it but it feels better and more natural to switch sides when using left/right side buttons...just like the right/left click...I wonder why they stopped making side buttons on each sides for

my MS Laser Mouse 6000
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105183

Back