Microsoft Hololens $3000

Sooo Microsoft shows off this cool thing for what a year or so....and price it so only a few can afford one.

It's still in development, the production limited and it is only currently targeted for developers. The price is expected.

Yeah.. it's been 3k for sometime. A little tough for the hobbyist but I know a good number of businesses that don't bat an eye at picking up a few. I am sort of holding out for 2.0.

The area of view on this thing is too small. For 3,000 dollars It needs to cover the whole glasses. Google the size aww >_>

I've used this at my brother's workplace.

Pretty darn cool.

Augments your real world view, maps your room and can permanently affix things on the wall in white space. Want a TV, or a Internet Edge browser looked on your wall - yes you can. The surround sound function is really excellent too. Best part (or worst part for gaming) is you can still see reality and your head isn't attached to a shoebox.

It will cost far less to put real low quality/res items in your room. 720p in a small fov isnt a lot of use.
You wont wear this all the time, it doesnt provide substitutes for physical items. Its not good enough to act as a second display yet.
Its not ready for consumer use. Its only worth $3K if you have money to burn or a vested interest.
Interesting to get a free view of though.

The 2.0 is supposed to be much cheaper but $3K is too expensive for this to become a "must" have for everyone. I want one for development purposes but unless my job decides they want to develop something for it, I am going to stay away because it is too expensive for my blood.

this thing is a turd. tiny FOV, battery lasts 30mins tops (and takes hours to charge), UI is terrible, hardware does goofy things like wake from sleep when you stop charging (huh?), forced updates from MS that breaks everything, i could go on...

Back