Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate ($150 or less for 3 years - as low as $100)

I did this 6-12 months ago. Stocked up on gold for three years and converted it for $1. It was a great deal.

I’ve been super happy with Game Pass for PC which was going up to $10/month. So I picked up two years of XBox Live Gold and turned it into Ultimate for $1.

Then since I had Game Pass Ultimate, I preordered a Series X. So this “deal” cost me $600 :p;)

I already have an Ultimate subscription billed monthly. Will this still work? Where do I need to redeem the codes on the Game Pass site - under Ultimate or Gold?

I already have an Ultimate subscription billed monthly. Will this still work? Where do I need to redeem the codes on the Game Pass site - under Ultimate or Gold?

If your ultimate subscription is active this will not work. An active ultimate subscription means you get the 4 to 1 month ratio and not the 1:1 ratio. Others have had success canceling their ultimate before trying this but I personally have no experience doing it that way.

You need to cancel or wait for your sub to expire first, this will not work while you have an active gamepass subscription

If your ultimate subscription is active this will not work. An active ultimate subscription means you get the 4 to 1 month ratio and not the 1:1 ratio. Others have had success canceling their ultimate before trying this but I personally have no experience doing it that way.

I canceled my 1 month sub and was able to upgrade no issues

Thanks for this. I purchased a 24 month subscription from Costco for $99 and a 12 month subscription for $54. Was able to pay $1 to up my Xbox Game Pass for PC to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Subscription renews on 9/26/2023.

You need to cancel or wait for your sub to expire first, this will not work while you have an active gamepass subscription

I canceled my 1 month sub and was able to upgrade no issues

I canceled a little earlier today. Do you need to wait for your month to expire before trying this? Or will it work after only turning off the recurring billing?

I canceled a little earlier today. Do you need to wait for your month to expire before trying this? Or will it work after only turning off the recurring billing?
You will need to wait, when I cancelled my 1 month it gave me an option to cancel immediately and receive a partial refund. For this to work you cannot have an active gamepass sub at all

Turns out my kids are pretty stoked I subbed gamepass, they seen me fire up my Xbox one for the first time in a while and go through the gamepass library. Went downstairs this morning and they had downloaded a bunch of couch coop games and were playing away together lol

ended up buying 3 1 year xbox live cards off ebay (brazil region) for 37 each. Just have to vpn to brazil to redeem the cards on your existing usa ms account.. worked perfectly.. then converted all 3 years for a buck.. thanks all!

Looking to do this for the release of the new Xbox, is there a date where we can no longer do this?

Looking to do this for the release of the new Xbox, is there a date where we can no longer do this?

There has never been an official announcement of when this might go away. I did it all now just in case. I’d rather lose a few weeks of Game Pass Ultimate than miss the deal.

There has never been an official announcement of when this might go away. I did it all now just in case. I’d rather lose a few weeks of Game Pass Ultimate than miss the deal.

Ill probably do it before the end of September, i havent had live since the xbox 360 days so im pretty sure im eligible! LOL

First time I've bought Xbox Live in years, ever since they dropped the original console...

I gotta say, if you're willing to tolerate a bit of input lag, the streaming to Android devices (tested on Note 20 Ultra with DualShock 4 because my Xbox One pads are the old 1697 revision, no Bluetooth, and I need the USB-C port for latency-free wired headphones) is actually pretty good. Just don't expect keyboard and mouse support for anything that's also available on PC; it's very much a console experience on the go.

Even if you don't intend to use that feature, though, the PC game selection outside of Microsoft's own first-party titles still makes it worth it. Just don't expect everything that's also on Xbox One to carry over, and for that matter, don't expect the old Xbox 360 to benefit at all from Game Pass.

First time I've bought Xbox Live in years, ever since they dropped the original console...

I gotta say, if you're willing to tolerate a bit of input lag, the streaming to Android devices (tested on Note 20 Ultra with DualShock 4 because my Xbox One pads are the old 1697 revision, no Bluetooth, and I need the USB-C port for latency-free wired headphones) is actually pretty good. Just don't expect keyboard and mouse support for anything that's also available on PC; it's very much a console experience on the go.

Even if you don't intend to use that feature, though, the PC game selection outside of Microsoft's own first-party titles still makes it worth it. Just don't expect everything that's also on Xbox One to carry over, and for that matter, don't expect the old Xbox 360 to benefit at all from Game Pass.
I think that come this holiday EA play also comes to PC with gamepass (it comes to console Nov. 10) which is another huge addition to just using it on PC

Picked up 2x 1-year Gold subscriptions from Costco for $120 CAD. Haven't done the upgrade yet, might still grab the 6m Gold subscription to really top it off.

Feel like this move will lock me into the Xbox eco-system for this generation, but the value on Gamepass is too great. I'll likely grab a PS5 mid-cycle (hopefully a less ugly slim version of the console) to catch up on the Sony exclusives.

I think that come this holiday EA play also comes to PC with gamepass (it comes to console Nov. 10) which is another huge addition to just using it on PC
I'm definitely looking forward to that, just to go through Titanfall 2's single-player mode, see if Star Wars Squadrons lives up to the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter series, and not have to buy a Battlefield game every year or two (last one was BF4, just kinda skipped 1 and V, still prefer 1942 and 2 overall).

There might be other games in the EA catalogue that would be welcome additions, but I already have Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Dead Space and Burnout Paradise covered - and I know that Crysis Remastered won't be covered, unlike the past titles, due to Crytek lining up a different publisher.

Man the cheap 12mo codes are gone, now the best I saw is $44 on Gamivo. I guess $132 for 3yr subscription still isn't bad!

Edit: Ugh, the 1yr code I bought for $44.06 from seller "GameSaloon" shows that is been used already:

https://www.gamivo.com/product/xbox-live-gold-12-month-us

I opened a ticket and hope I can get my money back. I'll just get a 2yr code from Costco and try to find a 1yr code elsewhere. This is what happens when you procrastinate I guess!

Last edited:
There, all locked in until 7/30/2023.

I must've missed a step, had to pay one month of Game Pass for $19 (and not the $1).

I ended up just buy the 2yr ($94.99) + 1yr ($54.99) codes from Costco. Not the best deal but meh, I didn't want to mess around. Now locked in til 9/29/23!

Glad to see a lot of people are finding this post helpful.

Even at the $150 from Costco after the $100 third party sold out, it's still a heck of a deal compared with the full price Microsoft wants to charge ($540) as part of Xbox access for example.

Glad to see a lot of people are finding this post helpful.

Even at the $150 from Costco after the $100 third party sold out, it's still a heck of a deal compared with the full price Microsoft wants to charge ($540) as part of Xbox access for example.

Yes, thank you for posting this. I figure even at $150, thats like ~$4.50/mo which is very reasonable for the amount of entertainment this Pass will provide.

I got in on this and it's awesome. Hopefully more games come along.

Yes, thank you for posting this. I figure even at $150, thats like ~$4.50/mo which is very reasonable for the amount of entertainment this Pass will provide.

I have Game Pass Ultimate until the summer 2023 and PlayStation Plus until 2022. I’ve never been so prepared for new hardware.

I'm betting this sticks around until the subscription growth impact to earnings announcements isn't offsetting the discount. Anyone want to try and figure out that math?

Wanted to report another success with this deal. I did this yesterday for the girlfriend, worked great. So this is still live as of yesterday.

Can't wait til Nov 10th to get the EA Games as well.
yup, the sheer amount of value added to game pass form that is staggering, between EA Play Bethesda and 1st party games the value of Game Pass is astronomical.

This still works, I did it for 36 months today. Bought digital codes from Costco.

Back