Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate ($150 or less for 3 years - as low as $100)

GreenOrbs

Gawd
The $1 Trial that converts existing Live Gold to Ultimate has been back for a bit now:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass?#join
Also see: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html

Posting this because I personally just realized how good of a deal you can get. If you are willing to buy Live Gold keys from 3rd party sellers you can get 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $100. Official sellers like Best Buy have them for $60/year. At full $15/month price that would be $540. Game Pass Ultimate offers a really good value that has only increased recently with Microsoft adding Bethesda/Zenimax. You get xCloud mobile game streaming, EA Play, Bethesda's catalog, and all of Microsoft's first party titles (Halo, flight sim etc.) for <$3/month. As a PC guy I wasn't expecting to want this but the Bethesda announcement today tipped me over the edge. Very generous of Microsoft to bring back the convert 1 month of Xbox Live to 1 month game pass ultimate which has cloud and PC support.

EDIT: Newegg is back at $50/year (https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-12-months/p/N82E16832011522?) 12-18-2020

Last edited:
Two things. Cause I just did this in the last couple days.

DON’T accept the one month free Microsoft offers you when redeeming the one year cards. I did on the first two and now I can’t redeem the third year card because I have two years and two months and the max is 36 months so it tells me I can’t redeem the last card yet. Sort of sucks because the last 12 month card will only cash in at 4 months of Xbox Ultimate after I do the $1 convert. So 2 free months and 4 months on the last card cost me 6 months of Ultimate.

Newegg has 1 year cards on sale for $50 right now I saw in my daily sub deals e-mail. That’s more reliable than eBay sellers (though I didn’t have trouble with the cards I bought on eBay). I paid $142 on eBay for three 12 month USA region card codes.

Still a great price at the end of the day.

GamePass Ultimate gives all games on both consoles for normal price of $15 a month. That will include Bethesda and EA’s catalogue after the turn of the year and there are already over 100 games on it. It also includes brand new releases at launch. Like Gears 5, Metro Exodus, Microsoft Flight Sim 2020, etc.

Last edited:
Two things. Cause I just did this in the last couple days.

DON’T accept the one month free Microsoft offers you when redeeming the one year cards. I did on the first two and now I can’t redeem the third year card because I have two years and two months and the max is 36 months so it tells me I can’t redeem the last card yet. Sort of sucks because the last 12 month card will only cash in at 4 months of Xbox Ultimate after I do the $1 convert. So so free months cost me 6 months of Ultimate.

Newegg has 1 year cards on sale for $50 right now I saw in my daily sub deals e-mail. That’s more reliable than eBay sellers (though I didn’t have trouble with the cards I bought on eBay). I paid $142 on eBay for three 12 month USA region card codes.

Still a great price at the end of the day.

GamePass Ultimate gives all games on both consoles for normal price of $15 a month. That will include Bethesda and EA’s catalogue after the turn of the year and there are already over 100 games on it. It also includes brand new releases at launch. Like Gears 5, Metro Exodus, Microsoft Flight Sim 2020, etc.

I bought 2x1 yr and 1x6m and took the extra month free each time so I ended up with 2y9m. Could do that as well.

Anyone want to buy 1 year of live gold from me for $46 since I can’t cash it in? I’ll buy a six month card like /dev/null suggested.
EDIT
Sold.

Last edited:
Sold to flotz just a moment ago. Thanks though. Newegg has them for $50 right now.
Just finished getting them from newegg and setting it up on my alternate account as I had already did the $1 trial on my primary account.

Newegg link? I can't find the year option. Only 6 mo for like $60.

This is actually kinda awesome. For as fickle as my kids and I are with games, it's neat to be able to just install and play whatever. If I don't like it, uninstall and move on. No backlog or feeling that I should complete it, even if I lose interest.

Newegg link? I can't find the year option. Only 6 mo for like $60.

This is actually kinda awesome. For as fickle as my kids and I are with games, it's neat to be able to just install and play whatever. If I don't like it, uninstall and move on. No backlog or feeling that I should complete it, even if I lose interest.

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-12-months/p/N82E16832011522? with email promo code EMCDRFF36. I just checked still active.

Last edited:
Does xbox live cover game pass? Or are they different.

I linked this in the original post. ( https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html ) To summarize: You start by loading up 3 years of XBOX live (don't do the bonus months as Archaea mentions). Then you go to the Game Pass ultimate trial for $1 and you get an option to convert all your xbox live time to Game Pass Ultimate (1 month --> 1 month). If you already have game pass ultimate you will need to do it on a different account because then you only get a 4 months --> 1 month swap.

Does xbox live cover game pass? Or are they different.
This converts Live over to Game Pass Ultimate.
If you already have the Game Pass I don't think you can convert the full 12 month Live cards to 12 month Game Pass Ultimate.
So if you currently just have Live, purchase up to to 36 months of Live and then do the $1 trial for the Game Pass Ultimate and it will convert all of your Live months into Ultimate months.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-gam...store=true&contextualstoreparams=CFQ7TTC0KGQ8

xbox-game-pass.jpg

I linked this in the original post. ( https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html ) To summarize: You start by loading up 3 years of XBOX live (don't do the bonus months as Archaea mentions). Then you go to the Game Pass ultimate trial for $1 and you get an option to convert all your xbox live time to Game Pass Ultimate (1 month --> 1 month). If you already have game pass ultimate you will need to do it on a different account because then you only get a 4 months --> 1 month swap.
Awesome! Thanks for the patience in that response. I definitely missed some of the details the first go through. I have another account I can try this on. 3 years of games for ~$100 isn’t bad. It’s like the disney plus pre launch deal (I have little kids), I know I’ll get my money’s worth of entertainment from it.

Got 3 years...now seriously considering a Xbox Series S. Thanks!

Thanks for this! Just made my debate between the Xbox and ps5 much easier lol. Purchased a couple 12 month digital cards from Costco's website for $60 cad (normally $70cad here).

Just a note I had already signed up for the gamepass ultimate trial 2 weeks ago. I was able to cancel that, buy a couple years of gold from Costco and upgrade it. I didn't get the $1 deal, had to pay full price for 1 month of ultimate but it did successfully upgrade my gold to ultimate in full

I wonder if this would still work if I already did a 3 month trial (back from the Ryzen promo) and converted my then-inactive account to gamepass ult.

I wonder if this would still work if I already did a 3 month trial (back from the Ryzen promo) and converted my then-inactive account to gamepass ult.

Probably best to go with a new account to be 100% safe. However, I did do a gamepass trial on my account a long while ago but had no problems with this. What we know does NOT work is having gamepass already currently active... which is kind of obvious but yeah.

Probably best to go with a new account to be 100% safe. However, I did do a gamepass trial on my account a long while ago but had no problems with this. What we know does NOT work is having gamepass already currently active... which is kind of obvious but yeah.

It's not active. Hmmm maybe I need to buy the 6 month one and try it. Unless anyone has any 1-3 month codes still laying around

It's not active. Hmmm maybe I need to buy the 6 month one and try it. Unless anyone has any 1-3 month codes still laying around

You only get one convert so if you are looking to stack it up to 3 years you want to load all three years before signing up for gamepass ultimate. Once GPU is activated the conversion rate drops to 4 months XBOX live ---> 1 month GPU.

You only get one convert so if you are looking to stack it up to 3 years you want to load all three years before signing up for gamepass ultimate. Once GPU is activated the conversion rate drops to 4 months XBOX live ---> 1 month GPU.

Ok, thanks for the tip

edit
Looks like I'm boned, so if I want to do this I have to create a new XBL account right?

1600895359548.png

Its inactive right now so you could be fine. I did a $1.08 Game Pass Ultimate trial in 12/20/2019, I think it was the 3 month one. Looks similar to what you have there. Obviously if you want to 100% sure, then new account.

I had game pass for PC for the last year or so at $5 a month.
I bought 3 years worth with some shuffling by the following

2 - 12 month cards on ebay with 1 month free at redemption on each ($50 each = $100)
= 26 months
1 - 6 month card with 1 month free at redemption ($26)
= 33 months
1 - 3 month card and declined the 1 month free at redemption ($16.50)
= 36 months

So then 36 months of gold -- then clicked the join Ultimate - paid my $1 - and now I'm good to go for the next three years on both my PC and my Xbox Series X pre-order from Amazon!

$100 + $26 + $16.50 + $1 = $143.50 / 36 months = $4 a month for Game Pass Ultimate!

Sweet!

1600903971466.png

I converted mine last year I think. It expires on july 2021. So already on game pass ultimate

So what do I get if I purchase these codes? Not 1 to 1 right? or is it still worth it to get these even if its less time coverted.

I converted mine last year I think. It expires on july 2021. So already on game pass ultimate

So what do I get if I purchase these codes? Not 1 to 1 right? or is it still worth it to get these even if its less time coverted.
1 year gold card converts to 4 months game pass ultimate. (If already on Ultimate)

1 year gold card converts to 4 months game pass ultimate. (If already on Ultimate)

Actually did a bit of reading online. I have to wait until my ultimate fully expires and not billing. Which expires on my birthday next year lol. Then I have to activate the live gold 3 years and convert it to game pass ultimate again but have to pay $15 instead of $1 and it convets the existing to 3 years. Just cant activate live gold codes while its active then it will only give me partial ratio like you said. Bunch of guys confirmed here. Are these live gold codes usually good for a year if I buy them on sale now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/fot545/can_i_convert_gold_to_ultimate_a_second_time/

Actually did a bit of reading online. I have to wait until my ultimate fully expires and not billing. Which expires on my birthday next year lol. Then I have to activate the live gold 3 years and convert it to game pass ultimate again but have to pay $15 instead of $1 and it convets the existing to 3 years. Just cant activate live gold codes while its active then it will only give me partial ratio like you said. Bunch of guys confirmed here. Are these live gold codes usually good for a year if I buy them on sale now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/fot545/can_i_convert_gold_to_ultimate_a_second_time/
If you buy Newegg codes they will be good indefinitely. But who’s to say Microsoft will still offer the “one time conversion” bonus then?

Who are y’all using for 3rd party sellers? I have a Costco membership but trying to get 3 years at under 120.

So how do I get 3 years exactly? I have nothing active atm, I did do the 3 months for a buck thing in beginning of the year though.

purchase 3 of these https://www.gamivo.com/product/xbox-live-gold-12-month-us?glv=ngt5hf69, activate on my account and then it will give me an option to convert to ultimate?
That's exactly it, purchase 3 of those then use the link in the OP or just google Xbox gamepass $1 promo and it will take you there. After you have added the cards to your account activate the $1 promo and bam, you have 3 years of gamepass ultimate. The cards from gamivo I linked are all $33/year and so far I have had 0 issues with the site over the last 2 years I've used them.

That's exactly it, purchase 3 of those then use the link in the OP or just google Xbox gamepass $1 promo and it will take you there. After you have added the cards to your account activate the $1 promo and bam, you have 3 years of gamepass ultimate. The cards from gamivo I linked are all $33/year and so far I have had 0 issues with the site over the last 2 years I've used them.

I just purchased 3 cards from gamivo and immediately they emailed me an open ticket saying they need me to send them a government issued ID in order to complete my order.. I asked them to cancel my order as I am not sending my ID/passport to them. Have not heard back yet. I paid with paypal.

+1 for this, I used 3x 12 Month U.S. Xbox Live Gold cards from G2A I got for ~$34 each. Redeemed each (DO NOT DO THE FREE 1 MONTH) and then upgraded to Ultimate for $1. Even if you don't have an Xbox it's a hell of a deal if you PC game. EA Play is coming later this year as well.

+1 for this, I used 3x 12 Month U.S. Xbox Live Gold cards from G2A I got for ~$34 each. Redeemed each (DO NOT DO THE FREE 1 MONTH) and then upgraded to Ultimate for $1. Even if you don't have an Xbox it's a hell of a deal if you PC game. EA Play is coming later this year as well.
This one?

https://www.g2a.com/en-us/xbox-live...rd-12-months-xbox-live-global-i10000000202019

I'm getting $47.82 for 12 months. Are there any promo codes or anything to bring it down to $34? I was gonna do Gamivo but don't wanna send my ID. I have used the $1 for the regular game pass but still have that $1 promo for ultimate.

I just purchased 3 cards from gamivo and immediately they emailed me an open ticket saying they need me to send them a government issued ID in order to complete my order.. I asked them to cancel my order as I am not sending my ID/passport to them. Have not heard back yet. I paid with paypal.
crazy, I don't know if I ever had to do that with them :( but I totally get why you wouldn't feel comfortable, hopefully you can find another retailer with a good price. All I can say for gamivo is they have been super reliable for me and their prices are normally really good.

This one?

https://www.g2a.com/en-us/xbox-live...rd-12-months-xbox-live-global-i10000000202019

I'm getting $47.82 for 12 months. Are there any promo codes or anything to bring it down to $34? I was gonna do Gamivo but don't wanna send my ID. I have used the $1 for the regular game pass but still have that $1 promo for ultimate.

Not sure exactly how these secondary marketplaces work in terms of stock but looks like prices are rising due to demand from the conversion to Gamepass Ultimate deal as cheaper cards sell out. If the cheapest at G2A is $47.83... the costco price is actually a few cents cheaper at $95 for 2 years.

Not sure exactly how these secondary marketplaces work in terms of stock but looks like prices are rising due to demand from the conversion to Gamepass Ultimate deal as cheaper cards sell out. If the cheapest at G2A is $47.83... the costco price is actually a few cents cheaper at $95 for 2 years.
It worked! Did 2 years for a little less than $100. Thanks for the head up!

Back