Microsoft Ends Windows 7 Retail Sales?

I like Windows 8. All this complaining over a single screen that can be removed with a single click or bypassed completely is ridiculous.

That's not the problem. The problem is, Microsoft keeps re-inventing the wheel. A few billion people learn to use one version of windows, and MS tells us how great it is. Then a couple years later, MS tells us no, that was wrong, this new one is really the great one and you'll have to learn it all over again, and if you're in IT, you're going to get hundreds of calls from non techie people who simply want to find their docs, retrieve their email, write a memo, or some other basic task, all because MS decided to change the way you have to do things. It would be like going to work tomorrow and finding that they moved every room's equipment into another random room in a 200 room building, there's no easily found directory to tell you where anything is, or which elevator you have to use, but oh yeah, each room is a whole 1 square foot larger and that's so, so much better and you'll love it after the whole company wastes x,xxx man hours learning everything all over again. It's changing things for the sake of change, which is idiotic, but unfortunately, some moron once said 'change is good' so all the morons of the world use that as their reason for screwing stuff up.

I agree IT personnel should be angry about it, but they aren't the majority of the people complaining.

Can't get a copy of Win7 Retail for a while (Brazil).

BTW, with Windows 8.1 and its option of putting your wallpaper on the Start Screen plus the Start button makes for a fast amd pleasant to the eye experience when opening your favorite programs.

I hate windows 8. I been using computers since dos 3, and it looked better than windows 8.1.

A lot of Windows 8 hating going on.. I am not surprised. Have those of you that are complaining even used Windows 8?

Yes, I know, the Metro interface sucks.... but once you install one of the start menu add ons and boot straight to desktop, there is not really anything wrong with it.

Just a simple question! Have u used windows 8 before?
And did u know that ms will put an end to the desktop interface in the next versions of windows?
Just so u know. Are u happy now? :)

If MS has maintained price of Window 8 at $15 or $40, there is no need to get Window 7 for consumers.

I think one of reasons for the popularity of Window 7 among consumers is that it is easier to crack. By comparison, it is very hard to crack Office 2010 and office 213, their adoption amongs consumers are very slow.

In corprorate worlds, it is totally different stories.

I see a major problem with this. A large part of the healthcare industry EHR software is simply not compatible with Windows 8 or IE10/11. It doesn't work.

Having working in IT for multiple healthcare companies since the release of Windows 8 and I concur. We have a few docs that insist on using Win 8 and a lot of users running IE 10/11 and this regular complain. "Why can't you make it work with my blah blah blah"

That being said in my experience compatibility issues seem to run rampant with EHR software in general as well.

Having to remind people to add practically every site they go to into compatibility mode gets tiring.

Our next batch of Motion pads and ThinkPads are running Windows 8.1. Runs all of our (healthcare) programs fine.

Back