Microsoft Employee Installs Chrome Mid-Presentation Because Edge Keeps Crashing

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A Microsoft employee was forced to pause his Azure presentation in the middle of a live demo session in order to install Google Chrome, as the company’s own Edge browser kept crashing. The comical occurrence was recorded and later uploaded to YouTube by none other than Microsoft itself.

The presentation in question aims to show potential customers how to migrate their applications and data to Redmond’s cloud service. But midway through the session, Edge crashes. This is when after a brief moment of hesitation, the employee finally gives up and charmingly informs the audience that he’ll be taking a moment to install Chrome in order to finish the demo session, which he then goes on to do.

Ok, it's funny! We don't think about things like that though now do we, just fix the problem so you don't look like a butt in the moment!

At least they recognize that its a pos and nobody should use it...

I love how the only VM "not ready for azure" is the one with EFI bios, showing as "boot type not supported" @42:43.

Some companies would not be cool with hat kind of move. Although, what was the guy supposed to do?
(I recall a video of Steve Balmer snatching a non-Microsoft phone from an employees hand - didn't he throw it on the ground?)

Well someone's fired.
Doubt it. If you were in their buildings you'd hear MS employees talk in the halls frequently about Chrome working vs IE or Edge not working. They've just come to accept it like the rest of the world.

Edge gets a lot of hate (I am sure many haters have never even tried it) but it is a pretty good competitor to modern browsers. Been using it for the last week and am surprised.

Well someone's fired.

(Didn't watch the video) Someone made the point he's there to sell Azure, not Edge. Doubt he would get fired, plus especially if the video goes viral. Just looks bad for a company. Better to just wave it off.

Edge has also had a lot of updates recently. It's actually pretty solid now and generally stable. It's also working fine with the major extensions that everyone likes to use. It's certainly almost there. Last major issue I've seen recently was it's odd behavior with displaying PDF files but that might be fixed now.

Edge has also had a lot of updates recently. It's actually pretty solid now and generally stable. It's also working fine with the major extensions that everyone likes to use. It's certainly almost there. Last major issue I've seen recently was it's odd behavior with displaying PDF files but that might be fixed now.
Please use the side door for shilling. ;)

Almost there, from a multi billion dollar company, that dominated ( dominates?) the field.. that is a fucking sad statement.

Sounds like my own personal experiences. Got tired of a few websites I needed to use not working with IE11, Edge didn't work well with other stuff for school, and Chrome has been perfect for everything. I haven't exclusively used a non-Microsoft browser on a PC since probably 2007ish when the notebook I had ran IE like crap and Firefox worked.

Almost there, from a multi billion dollar company, that dominated ( dominates?) the field.. that is a fucking sad statement.
I am not sure it is almost there.
It does not have as many extensions as Firefox or Chrome but it has all the ones I use.
Ghostery, Ad blocker. Lastpass, Pocket
Bookmark sync works well.

The only thing I miss using it is <name any blink browser> way to make ticks in the scroll bar when you search for a word in the page. But I can say the same thing about Firefox. Some of the customization isn't there but that stuff is pretty trivial.

Oh yeah, one other thing. In private mode, there is no option to run extensions. Yes I am complaining that they didn't BREAK security features like my day to day browser did.

9TxWoa9.png

for realsies.

Edge still lags behind Opera, Chrome and Firefox in terms of HTML5 compatibility and support. Safari is the only one that is worse when it comes to modern web design.
9TxWoa9.png

for realsies.
Not anymore. Just keep a copy of the web installer of your favorite browser someplace safe, like Microsoft OneDrive :ROFLMAO:.

There's just always something so shitty about edge/IE that I cant ever quite shake. Maybe it's UI, maybe it's performance, or just minor quirks that come across as bugs and vice versa. My job mandates that we only use Edge because "it's approved and we've verified the security, Chrome is unproven". I used it for about a week before pulling my hair out and simply had to break policy and use Chrome anyway. I just never ever have 1 single issue with Chrome, but with Edge there was a whole host of things that just made me cringe at what a lame browser it was.

There's just always something so shitty about edge/IE that I cant ever quite shake. Maybe it's UI, maybe it's performance, or just minor quirks that come across as bugs and vice versa. My job mandates that we only use Edge because "it's approved and we've verified the security, Chrome is unproven". I used it for about a week before pulling my hair out and simply had to break policy and use Chrome anyway. I just never ever have 1 single issue with Chrome, but with Edge there was a whole host of things that just made me cringe at what a lame browser it was.

I have chrome windows/tabs crash all the time. Same with Edge, Safari, and Firefox. The only one I hate is Safari, it's about as behind as you can get, and only has traction since it's built into the Mac OS. I find Edge to be stable and safe (even on most creepy sites) although chrome plugins and the fact that you can always close the windows (some sites can lock Edge into the "you must call us now" popups) keeps me on Chrome for most things.

Back