Microsoft Edge Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push

The address bar.

Like designing a car with a hidden door handle. Genius.

Still works okayish for going to ninite.com (which should be the default start page for Edge).

Just as soon as Edge supports a very popular browser plugin that cannot be named at H I'll be using it.

I tried edge for a couple of minutes. When it wasn't crashing, freezing or malfunctioning it reverted to compatibility mode. I have no idea why that POS exists.

Missing in Edge,

1)Accelerators.
2)Right click "create desktop shortcut"context

3)You can't selectively print text in Edge. It's the whole page or nothing.
4)You can't change the default file download location without a registry hack (though you can now do a right click "save as". You couldn't do that when it was released.

I'm sure there are more things to be added to this list, but since these are enough to stop me from using it as a primary browser, I haven't found them yet.

Edge is slowly improving. It's not there quite yet though.

I don't like how it hides the address bar on a new tab.

I am a windows 10 phone user. It's been fine on the phone. I have less issues with it than I have had on my iPad mini (Chrome) and my Galaxy 6S edge. I is not perfect, but I haven't had to fight it as much.

I want to like and use Edge on my PC, but it's not there yet. Unfortunately for MS, they haven't learned the problems around user perception. Edge is now forever coupled with the perceptions and lack of features of the original release. I don't see it becoming a major player with other browsers without a rebranding of some kind. First impressions are still important, and it has made a lack luster one.

I tried edge for a couple of minutes. When it wasn't crashing, freezing or malfunctioning it reverted to compatibility mode. I have no idea why that POS exists.

Maybe if you knew how to make a stable over lock. Otherwise, you are being as usual.

If they shut off all the damned data collection crap I would use it, other than that fook em.

I know I'm just echoing the masses, but maybe another voice will help show how bad these things are:
-The new tab screen - I just want an address bar
-No add ons / extensions. Definitely needs ad blocker software - the good kind that lets you disable it on certain sites you want to ad support, like [H]

I know I'm just echoing the masses, but maybe another voice will help show how bad these things are:
-No add ons / extensions. Definitely needs ad blocker software - the good kind that lets you disable it on certain sites you want to ad support, like [H]
The new tab screen can be set to nothing but an address bar under the settings option.

I still use IE11 almost entirely because I don't like the UI of Edge. On the whole, I don't like the appearance of UWP apps vs. the older style and I go out of my way not to use them.

I stopped using it, as after an update it got rid of all of my bookmarks. Since it's a pain in the ass to import and arrange, for me it wasn't worth it to keep using Edge.

until it supports an adblocker no thanks, so tired of sites selling out to become billboards with a small bit of usable info down the middle

Edge isn't mature enough to meet my needs. I like attaching PDFs or other business files outside of the main body of Google's Inbox e-mail. Edge doesn't allow me to do that. Many other features mentioned previously in this thread are also missing which I cannot live without. I'll stick with Chrome and IE 11 until such time Microsoft includes those features.

I have used it for the exclusively for the last few months, problems that cause me grief:
- Browser history is not available, in IE I left click on the back button to show the list of sites visited, this is not available in Edge.
Ctrl H or click the ̲̅ ̶̅ ̶ icon

The rest I agree with or don't use so don't know what you mean

... > Settings > Open new tabs with "A blank page" does this

Agreed, lack of uBlock Origin on Edge keeps me from using it for most general browsing.

MS pissed me off the moment I clicked on a link in an email and Edge showed up as the default browser without my choosing it. From that moment on I have refused to even try it and I still don't care to and I give a damn if it's actually better or not. Fuck'em.

There are free browsers available that give me speed, function and reliability. Why would anyone stick with a browser that doesn't have all those?

Back