Microsoft Commits to Providing the U.S. Military Access to All of Its Technology

Microsoft has shown that it is willing to work with just about everybody for the right price. If they are more than happy to make a custom windows 10 build for the Chinese government and military why would they not offer the same thing to the US military?

Evil isn't a concept? By default people will just kill and rape each other?

Prove it, statistically. Because honestly, that doesn't happen when humans are able to safely get all their needs met.

No by default people will not just kill and rape each other by and large. Most people function properly. But also, by default a certain percentage of the human race is lacking the basic aspects of being decent human beings. They want what they want, and good and right and peaceful have nothing to do with what they want. They'll do whatever to get what they want and it won't bother them one bit. For some of those people, that means they'll kill you if you get in their way or other similarly awful things. Very often, what they want does not make conventional sense, so it isn't just a matter of "meeting their needs".

No by default people will not just kill and rape each other by and large. Most people function properly. But also, by default a certain percentage of the human race is lacking the basic aspects of being decent human beings. They want what they want, and good and right and peaceful have nothing to do with what they want. They'll do whatever to get what they want and it won't bother them one bit. For some of those people, that means they'll kill you if you get in their way or other similarly awful things. Very often, what they want does not make conventional sense, so it isn't just a matter of "meeting their needs".

And more to the point is that there are people like that in positions of power. And we're not talking about minor positions like police chief, but leaders of nations and international terrorist groups.

When someone goes and kills someone in a major city, do we send the military in? No.

Do we _ALWAYS_ go and shoot that person? No.

Is the default action to use the strongest possible force in all domestic scenarios? No.

Then why the fuck are you acting like peace in modern society has anything to do with a strong military? It doesn't. Peace is here, it's hard fought, and soon the time will come where we can stop killing each other (in almost all cases).

It's an interesting argument, but I don't think it's realistic. Imagine if all nations disbanded their military's tomorrow. How long would it take before an individual or nation decides to use force to take something they want?

Not all humans have empathy. I suspect that even in a Star Trekish utopian future we'll still have some sort of military for the same reasons your body still has an immune system.

And that's where Police come in, not the Military. Lethal force is not always warranted or required. Plenty of examples of such people being dealt with peacefully. It just doesn't make the news because it isn't sensational.

I want to clarify. I'm not saying we need to disband militaries, not at all. They have LOTS of value in peace time, namely logistical value in emergency situations (natural disasters), and yes nations have every right to patrol their borders and enforce their sovereignty.

What I am more trying to convey is working towards a day where militaries don't need to take action outside the nation's borders. And a day where their function is not to kill threats, but to solve problems without force/violence.

As a species we always should have the means to defend ourselves (eventually against other species if that happens), but we can do so much more as a species if we focus our efforts and resources (dollars, etc) on developing our own race, instead of killing each other. Right now, the USA budget's biggest spender is the military, and that's something I think should change in a big way.

It's an interesting argument, but I don't think it's realistic. Imagine if all nations disbanded their military's tomorrow. How long would it take before an individual or nation decides to use force to take something they want?

Not all humans have empathy. I suspect that even in a Star Trekish utopian future we'll still have some sort of military for the same reasons your body still has an immune system.

Pft, yea sure you create a utopia (except for the part where all restaurants are taco bell) where there hasn't been a Murder/death/kill in decades and then some corrupt leader fills a hibernating Wesly Snipes's brain with combat info and police are completely unprepared to deal with it so they have to go and wake up John Spartan to take care of it. But then because nobody will tell him how to use the three seashells he has to take down the whole thing and start fresh.

I want to clarify. I'm not saying we need to disband militaries, not at all. They have LOTS of value in peace time, namely logistical value in emergency situations (natural disasters), and yes nations have every right to patrol their borders and enforce their sovereignty.

What I am more trying to convey is working towards a day where militaries don't need to take action outside the nation's borders. And a day where their function is not to kill threats, but to solve problems without force/violence.

As a species we always should have the means to defend ourselves (eventually against other species if that happens), but we can do so much more as a species if we focus our efforts and resources (dollars, etc) on developing our own race, instead of killing each other. Right now, the USA budget's biggest spender is the military, and that's something I think should change in a big way.

Sending armies out has almost always been about political and economical gain, not eliminating threats. Eliminating threats is a bonus.

And that's where Police come in, not the Military. Lethal force is not always warranted or required. Plenty of examples of such people being dealt with peacefully. It just doesn't make the news because it isn't sensational.

There are no Police; we only have Veterans and Wimps Scared to Fucking Death of their fellow citizens, especially brown ones.

They only know their training, and that is only Lethal force.

God help your grandma if she gets off her meds. :facepalm:

My Grandma carried a Colt single action without a permit her whole life; there was no legal carry back then.

They'd have shot her down like a dog, Grandma or not, because she wouldn't have put up with any of their shit.

I'm happy none of my Grandparents or Parent are alive to see what we call America today.

We have already lost America, Trump et al is just a symptom of that failure.

My Dad was a Police officer; he never had to wear a vest or riot gear to feel safe; the People were his protection, and the respect for the Badge of Office protected him; but that doesn't exist today, because of the failings of those who would call themselves "Police".

Everyone no longer Respects the police, but they FEAR the police; much like Stalin's Russia.

All you peeps that bought Guns and Pallets of ammo during Obama's 'gun grab", You ARE Putins Army; he will walk into out country because you will open the door and invite him in.

He will tell you to on Facebook, and you'll start Shooting "LIB'S" Like
Zombies, they spent a lot of effort into your programming.

Last edited:
Back