Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen Has Succumbed to Cancer

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Paul G. Allen has succumbed to complications of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He had been treated for the same disease 9 years prior. The Microsoft co-founder revealed that he was beginning treatment for the disease earlier this month, and passed away today. Vulcan Inc, had this to say, "It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of our founder Paul G. Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and noted technologist, philanthropist, community builder, conservationist, musician and supporter of the arts. Mr. Allen died on Monday afternoon, October 15, 2018, from complications of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Seattle. Mr. Allen was 65 years old."

Sayta Nadella, CEO at Microsoft. Paul Allen's contributions to our company, our industry and to our community are indispensable. As co-founder of Microsoft, in his own quiet and persistent way, he created magical products, experiences and institutions, and in doing so, he changed the world. I have learned so much from him -- his inquisitiveness, curiosity and push for high standards is something that will continue to inspire me and all of us at Microsoft. Our hearts are with Paul's family and loved ones. Rest in peace.

Great guy and philanthropist, one of the founders of what used to be a great company, Microsoft! He helped to find some of the world greatest lost sunken warships including the USS Indianapolis. RIP.

Another star has gone out in our sky but it's light will continue to be seen even long after. RIP Paul.

Always makes me angry when people who have done so much don't get to enjoy their retirement. RIP Paul, one can only strive to be so accomplished.
He left MS in 83 as AFAICT, has been having a great time for a long time.
Hell, his yacht alone looks like a blast (and he's known to hang out and jam with top recording artists, as well as many other whos who types. Sucks that he died so young, but he definitely got to enjoy his wealth.
Here's an article on his yact. https://www.businessinsider.com/crazy-facts-about-paul-allens-superyacht-2015-5

He left MS in 83 as AFAICT, has been having a great time for a long time.
Hell, his yacht alone looks like a blast (and he's known to hang out and jam with top recording artists, as well as many other whos who types. Sucks that he died so young, but he definitely got to enjoy his wealth.
Here's an article on his yact. https://www.businessinsider.com/crazy-facts-about-paul-allens-superyacht-2015-5

He had his toys and he made his money. But Death comes to all regardless of how much money you have.

It’s true what they say, money can’t buy health.

Shit that he died.

Why is it shit ?

Because my generation is next on the die list.

Is it bad that I think that it should of been steve balmer instead ?

He's lucky he didn't 'accidentally' get crushed to death under a pile of unsold Surface RT's in a terrible warehouse accident.

Pity, as if I see that windows 98 video again I will kill him my self.

I wonder what they did to all those rt’s, scarp them or gave them away to schools etc.

Reminds me of a documentary about all the money that was being pumped into contractors after the iraq war and the fraud that went along with it.

They would get paid an amount of cash for whatever, and they would get the cash and then burn whatever it was, brand new and sealed, in huge fires to cook the books so to speak.

People were walking away millionaires for doing basically nothing, they made a movie about one firm, selling arms, but the pit I saw was full of tv’s, beds, monitors, computers, desks, fuck you name it, all brand new and getting burnt whilst someone walked off into the sunset a millionaire for doing god knows what.

RIP Mr. Allen.

And a lesson for us all, that even the richest of people are still people, and that all human power has its limits.

As someone who has lost most of his family to cancer, this is sobering and sad news. To think that even someone with Allen’s resources died so quickly after announcing his treatment is truly eye opening and shows how far we still have to go. I really wish we’d have a national program similar to the space race against cancer.

RIP Paul.

to sort of brighten up the mood in the room, Paul's life was spent how most people imagine billionaires should spend their life. Private Island, fleet of super yacht's, a collection of WW2 airplanes, owned 2.5 professional sports teams, etc.

He for sure got the most out of life.

Damn.

Fuck Cancer.

RIP Paul... And thank you for TechTV (for as long as it lasted).

He's given a lot to charity (around 2.5B I believe) and he also pledged half his fortune to charity. He has no children so I wonder who gets the rest of his fortune.

Last edited:
He's given a lot to charity (around 2.5B I believe) and he also pledged half his fortune to charity. He has no children so I wonder who gets the rest of his fortune.

I'm willing to toss out my name .. awesome responsibility to manage such wealth but I'm willing to give it a go.

/RIP sad... I hope who ever takes over doesn't make a cock up of downtown Seattle .. Paul Allen owned a F*ck ton of downtown.. oh and also don't mess up the Seahawks while y'all are at it.

fuck cancer.. my wife is a survivor and her mother passed away from it...

to sort of brighten up the mood in the room, Paul's life was spent how most people imagine billionaires should spend their life. Private Island, fleet of super yacht's, [hoz,] a collection of WW2 airplanes, owned 2.5 professional sports teams, etc.

He for sure got the most out of life.

can't forget the hoz, yo.
but i think we all love em hoz, so yea w/e nbd.
([i'm] holler[ing] at "The Boys" RN ;))

super grateful mr allen allowed dr koch to referee my work 5 years ago, when it mattered the most.

RIP Paul. thank you so much for giving me the biggest push when you didn't have to.

Wow this is horrible way too young at 65. He sure had great enthusiasm during MS early days.

Only one year older than me. Damn.

RIP Mr, Allen.
And only 2 years older than me :(
I really hope I will make it longer.

Paul Allen managed to live large so he had a pretty good run. This only shows having, bazillions of $$$ won't stop the reaper when your number is up. R.I.P.

Back