Microsoft broke Windows 11 injecting ads

Things like this = why they won't let you turn off that giant "Recommended" section taking up 40% of the Start Menu. I can only hope that registry edits or 3rd part tools will.
that is a more valid gripe, hopefully they will, its kinda useless as is. its also really just the last accessed list.

All in all, I really hope Classic Shell/Open Shell guys manage to make their software work for Windows 11. Why won't Microsoft stop fucking around with a feature that has been perfectly funcional right up to Windows 7 is bizarre. Do not fix what is not broken, why is this so hard to understand.

All in all, I really hope Classic Shell/Open Shell guys manage to make their software work for Windows 11. Why won't Microsoft stop fucking around with a feature that has been perfectly funcional right up to Windows 7 is bizarre. Do not fix what is not broken, why is this so hard to understand.
Mickey$oft messes around with the start menu because it is a free billboard built to advertise. Don’t expect them to change … ever.

I have decided to completely eliminate Windows from my personal computers, for *ahem* personal reasons. This is just another reinforcement of my convictions and if I cannot play a specific game in Linux, I still have my XBox Series S for that.

Ads have been a part of Microsoft programs for a few years. I get ads for Office365 in my standalone Office. Annoying, but on a scale of 1-10, a 2.

Ads have been a part of Microsoft programs for a few years. I get ads for Office365 in my standalone Office. Annoying, but on a scale of 1-10, a 2.

So in 2021 standalone Office is essentially paid nagware, huh?

Guess those $8 Windows keys on eBay finally caught up with us. We should have paid the money upfront. Now they’ve googled our windows.
Yeah, maybe if anyone had actually paid for Windows 10, Microsoft could afford to not show us ads up in our face.

Teams is worse than some malware. I abhor autostart crap. If I need it, I can find it thank you very much. ;-) Debloat scripts for 11 are going to be popular it appears.

[Meme depicting a hostile Dr. Clippy (former Office Assistant) removed as a result of his untimely demise in a reformatting accident.]

Last edited:
Creative.

Maybe you should have actually read the thread instead.
That was an unprovoked, nonconstructive and rude response to a post that would have been easier to ignore. If you feel strongly that certain content is inappropriate or otherwise in violation of the forum rules, you also have the option to report it to a moderator.

I thought the meme was funny, and fairly on topic for the thread. Not sure why it was a problem.

That was an unprovoked, nonconstructive and rude response to a post that would have been easier to ignore. If you feel strongly that certain content is inappropriate or otherwise in violation of the forum rules, you also have the option to report it to a moderator.

It was a response to your meme which I didn't feel was particularly "constructive". I didn't think that your post was a violation of the forum rules, I just thought that your post was stupid, and quite frankly, not representative of the situation at hand. If you feel strongly that my post was inappropriate or otherwise in violation of the forum rules, you have the option to report it to a moderator.

This issue with the small internal Teams ad has been inflated into something it never was by people who have likely never even tried Windows 11. That bothers me, and yes my posts reflect that.

Back