Microsoft Apologizes for Insulting Older Women

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Every once and awhile companies like Microsoft make a faux pas while stressing a point in consumer advertising. The point Microsoft made was older women are less than tech savvy and need Azure's help with routine daily tasks . The Microsoft Representative has since apologized for the slight. Hell hath no fury as an older woman scorned. :D

Female computer users (particularly middle-aged or elderly ones) are often used as a hypothetical or even actual test of ease of use, on the assumption that if such a person can use a program, anyone can.

If they'd use an old guy then old guys would get upset. If they used middle aged men/women they'd get upset... you can't win.

So basically it's in bad taste because there may be one or two exceptions.

I got a better idea. People on Twitter need to shut the fuck up. The people who complain things like this are probably the biggest hypocrites out there.

Older women are less techy, haven't you seen Hackers? Her password was God! Who does that?

Older women, and men, for that matter, are less tech savvy on average. I see nothing wrong with admitting that, or placing software options within an OS to make it easier to use for them. Aside from stupid people acting red ass but hurt, what is the issue?

So..people with nothing better to do than to get upset at stupid shit, are upset because Ms had the "Gall" to state something that is true...

Today's society...

I got a better idea. People on Twitter need to shut the fuck up. The people who complain things like this are probably the biggest hypocrites out there.
Politics doesn't work that way.

Article: "In this case, MissWeb is a site that asks men to vote for women based on their looks."

Comments Section: "Hi, I am CEO MissWEB. Our project not just beauty contest. We are not asking males to vote for a woman."

The author of the article appears to have an axe to grind, and seems none too concerned with obtaining accurate information.

I think the REAL INSULT is to Microsoft. :p

They've had HUNDREDS OF BILLION$ and 30 years to perfect the userface of thier software. The fact that there are chunks of demographics that find it too hard to operate is far more of a commentary on their lack of imagination and poor innovation skills .... than any insult to little old lady's or anyone else. :rolleyes:

Microsoft, you are pathetic. :eek::cool:

microsoft apologizes for telling the truth. let's get them to apologize for something else that's true.

Thread over.

I think the REAL INSULT is to Microsoft. :p

They've had HUNDREDS OF BILLION$ and 30 years to perfect the userface of thier software. The fact that there are chunks of demographics that find it too hard to operate is far more of a commentary on their lack of imagination and poor innovation skills .... than any insult to little old lady's or anyone else. :rolleyes:

Microsoft, you are pathetic. :eek::cool:

Yeah, because every home user should know exactly how to configure enterprise level features in Active Directory.

yeah granny is clueless, the rest of us must call our Administrator.

Actually if you read the original tweet again that set this off, in theory that is basically what they were saying to do. Unless granny is the one in charge of your network for your business.

I saw "azure" and thought of our very own forum member. Then I wondered what kind of "help" the old ladies needed.

But old white males will forever be fair targets for disdain and mockery.

Yeah white men are the perfect target. Things have been going so well for us for hundreds of years we've learned to laugh at ourselves without getting too bent out of shape. A rare trait, it seems!

Not for too much longer, you just have to wait until we are a minority! 2043 is the projected date, hang in there bro! For the under 5 yrs old group, we're already there, just gotta wait for all the elderly WASPs to die off. :p

Gee another case of liberals being offended for someone else. How many older women are actually offended by this?

"So easy, even an older woman can do it."

I use this same angle when I try to get a girl to do anal.

Back