Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available Aug. 2

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday announced that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is coming to all Windows 10 devices — for free — on Aug. 2. Windows 10 continues to be the fastest-growing version of Windows ever and is now running on more than 350 million devices. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has all-new breakthrough features that bring Windows Ink and Cortana to the mainstream; a faster, more accessible and more power-efficient Microsoft Edge browser; advanced security features for consumers and enterprises; new gaming experiences; and new tools for the modern classroom. To help protect businesses from today’s modern threats, Microsoft also announced two new security features for enterprise customers: Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and Windows Information Protection, formerly referred to as enterprise data protection.

They can keep Cortana and edge for all I care. Two completely worthless features. Windows ink for that matter only applies to tablets so they can keep that off the desktop as well. I'll be interested in looking at the enterprise stuff, but mostly sounds like a whole bunch of not applicable for the home desktop.

Windows ink for that matter only applies to tablets so they can keep that off the desktop as well.

Digital ink has been integrated into the Windows desktop OS for a long time now, starting with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. Windows Tablet PCs struggled mightily for a long time but they seem to be coming into their own now with the Surface and the ton of ink capable 2 in 1s now on the market. Being able to write something in OneNote and being able to read and search that info on a keyboard and mouse only desktop has been an extraordinarily useful capability for me over the years.

Great.

I wonder what they'll break this time.

NIC Teaming still doesn't work since they broke it with the Threshold 2 release on November 10th last year.

The thing is, I don't even need NIC Team in in Windows. I run Linux for just about everything workstation related, and absolutely need NIC teaming there. I only ever reboot into Windows for the occasional game. Ever since Threshold 2 since NIC Teaming is broken, this means I need to bend down behind my box every time I reboot into windows, unplug my two teamed NIC's, and plug a single cable from a different port on the switch back in.

It's a HUGE annoyance and has be cursing Microsoft every time I reboot...

x4i6aMG.jpg

Looking forward too it. However, I have not been using the Previews because they tend to break to many things for me to be useful from day to day. I use Windows 10 exclusively as my host and work OS every day and so far, so good. No crashes, hiccups or major problems. An occasional lockup when I am screwing around with overclocking though. :D

Back