Microsoft and Razer Might Be Working on an Xbox Keyboard and Mouse Partnership

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Windows Central has received documents alluding to a Microsoft and Razer partnership for bringing keyboard and mouse support to Xbox. The presentation involves the peripheral maker’s sofa-friendly Turret combo and BlackWidow Chroma, whose RGB lighting can be configured to work in Xbox games.

The presentation also details some rules and guidance for developers on their implementation of mouse and keyboard support for Xbox. Gamepad support is still a requirement for all titles, and the Xbox can only support one mouse and keyboard per console, unlike gamepads, of which it can support several.

pff anything but razer would have been good.

Also don't ms have their own keyboards and mice?

I think this could end up being a bad thing for PC gamers. One of our core strengths as a PC Gamer was the raw power our systems typically had. In most cases 5 to 10x more powerful than consoles if not more. There were many instances in years past where a good PC game looked incredible over a console. Not so much these days.

Clearly Microsoft will almost always take a backseat to Sony. Microsoft bought into the console business. They never earned their way in. While they have history, they don't have the relationships with Developers that matter, that they need. The Xbox One X has virtually nothing that separates it from a PC in most cases.

Bridging that gap with this accessory could and will probably mean equal footing between an Xbox Game and PC Game. They want to grow their audience any way they can. I see a future where there is not that much difference. This could also be a bad thing for Microsoft. If Sony keeps it fresh and different in this space, that's going to draw a lot of consumers their way.

Oh and I have a friend that has a Lapdog that he games on from his living-room. That concept picture? Way too narrow.

I think this could end up being a bad thing for PC gamers. One of our core strengths as a PC Gamer was the raw power our systems typically had. In most cases 5 to 10x more powerful than consoles if not more. There were ma

Though we may not have that edge for much longer, PC Gamers will still have, customization, OCing, online stores like Steam / GOG for deep discounts & the ability to play anything we want including other console games including MAME ect... Something consoles will never have access to due to developer restrictions.

Though we may not have that edge for much longer, PC Gamers will still have, customization, OCing, online stores like Steam / GOG for deep discounts & the ability to play anything we want including other console games including MAME ect... Something consoles will never have access to due to developer restrictions.
Well at least until you mod your console. Then you can use it to its full potential, have full control over your data and system functions (like fan speed control), and run emulators for various older systems, among other things. But yeah with PC we get full control out the gate (unless you are playing Microsoft UWP games on Win10 PC).

I think this can only be a good thing for PC gamer, developers will be more likely to develop Mouse and keyboard control games. This will most likely mean more developers taking a shot at Keyboard and mouse games like Civ 5, and RTS's that couldn't be done before on consoles.

Major publishers are always looking to get their games on as many platforms as possible as long as their is an audience for PC, Pc will continue to exist.

Power of consoles is really what is holding PC back since most publishers won't create a game that can't play on consoles as well except a few exceptions..

So basically.. Microsoft is working on turning the Xbox into a personal computer.

I figured Xbox would have been killed off by now. They must have realized that everyone who knows how to fix Windows left the company already.

So basically.. Microsoft is working on turning the Xbox into a personal computer.

if i am recalling right.. that was actually one of the goals.. the xbox would be the one stop for all machine in your home.

Now they just need to bring a version of office to it.. LOL

I think this could end up being a bad thing for PC gamers. One of our core strengths as a PC Gamer was the raw power our systems typically had. In most cases 5 to 10x more powerful than consoles if not more. There were many instances in years past where a good PC game looked incredible over a console. Not so much these days.

Clearly Microsoft will almost always take a backseat to Sony. Microsoft bought into the console business. They never earned their way in. While they have history, they don't have the relationships with Developers that matter, that they need. The Xbox One X has virtually nothing that separates it from a PC in most cases.

Bridging that gap with this accessory could and will probably mean equal footing between an Xbox Game and PC Game. They want to grow their audience any way they can. I see a future where there is not that much difference. This could also be a bad thing for Microsoft. If Sony keeps it fresh and different in this space, that's going to draw a lot of consumers their way.

Oh and I have a friend that has a Lapdog that he games on from his living-room. That concept picture? Way too narrow.

Please ask your friend where he got his gaming lapdog. The only games I can get my dog to play involve me going outside.

I'm using my PC to play games at 1440p/165FPS...1080p with frame dips and dynamic resolution scaling just to get 60FPS doesn't exactly measure up. Do many console games look much better these days at-a-glance? Sure, but they do with every new console generation. Whether it's become "good enough" is a separate argument, but a baller PC will still blow any console out of the water and it's time to get your eyes checked if you think otherwise.

I think Sony and Nintendo would likely resist becoming what is essentially a low-tier PC experience (what would be the point for them?), but you'd think it'd be a great move for Microsoft. Make Xbox a stepping stone to full PC gaming and grow the user base of both in a huge way.

Thank christ some way besides that shitty chatpad to use a KB on this goddamn system.

Back