Microsoft Access 2007 Append Query

p0lish

Gawd
I'm currently having a problem running an "append query." I imported a table of contacts that i want to add to an existing database. I add the table, with about 600 record, and create a query in design view. I select "append" so that it adds the contacts to the master table. However when i run the query, access takes about 2mins loading, and asks to append about 741,000 rows, which is incorrect obviously Any ideas?

thanks,

-bill

Hi Bill,
I would venture to guess that you're getting a cartesian product of your tables. This is usually indicative of improper "criteria". Without knowing more details about your db I would suggest checking into that and make sure you are specifying what you intend clearly.

Best of luck,
Latex

Seeing the table schemas, sample data, and what you want to see returned would also be helpful.

If i tried to create the query from a blank "design view", i would get these crazy results. When i ran the wizard, and then modified it for an append query, it worked fine. I got it, still don't know what i did wrong, but i'll take it. Thanks for the quick responses.

Back