microSDHC - Where to buy?

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a 16GB pmp and it has a microSD slot. I filled up the internal memory relatively quick, blowing 8GB of that on a single anime series. I had an 8GB microSDHC card that I bought from newegg on sale, but it didn't take long to reach the capacity with high quality video conversions.

I got ripped off on a fake Kingston 16GB SDHC card from Amazon two years ago, so I am a bit wary when it comes to 'deals' on flash based memory cards.

I am looking for a 16GB or 32GB microSDHC card. Ideally, I would like 32GB for ~ $100, because I intend to make the purchase on a $125 gift card. 16GB microSDHC cards seem to be in the $35 range, but it seems like you pay 3x that for double the capacity. Can anyone recommend a good seller ? I will probably wind up buying two or three 16GB cards if I can't find a single 32GB card for a decent price.

adorama.com

bhvideo.com

I would stick with Sandisk brand. I only use Sandisk Extreme III 30gb/s cards. Not sure if they are made in MicroSD though.

There are many good sellers on ebay. Just stick with a US seller with high feedback who only sell memory cards.

I got ripped off on a fake Kingston 16GB SDHC card from Amazon two years ago, so I am a bit wary when it comes to 'deals' on flash based memory cards.
How do I know if its a fake one? Is there any physical difference between the fake and Genuine?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, it is almost impossible to know if it is genuine before purchase depending on where you buy it from. If you want to make sure it is genuine, stay away from sites such as eBay or Amazon. You should buy from an authorized retailer such as Newegg or TigerDirect.

Last edited:
Back