MicroProse is back!

What year did these cease development? Judging from the box art they did alot of old PC games.

Last edited:
What year did these cease development? Judging from the box art they did alot of old PC game.

2003, apparently.

This is interesting. I wonder why 17 years later they suddenly pop up again?

In any case, it looks like the name has shuffled around a ton, so I doubt it's any of the same people as back in the day.

I enjoyed the original Xcom, and Master of Orion.

I just couldn't get into the new Xcom games (guess I'm just not bored enough to enjoy the repetition anymore?) Master of Orion 3 does not exit.

I just couldn't get into the new Xcom games (guess I'm just not bored enough to enjoy the repetition anymore?) Master of Orion 3 does not exit.

The new xcom games really messed up that old xcom feel, like shoot being hit or miss with little chance of hitting anyone/thing else, aliens roaming and activating in squads (removing that hunter/prey mechanic) 2 corrected some of it. I still played and beat them both, but they are by no means as good as the OG.

Bring back Mechcommander, and classic civ games.

Last MicroProse game I bought was Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4. Loved the F1GP and F-15 Strike Eagle series. Good to see that the company is going to be back in control of Bill Stealey.

Yes, pretty excited about this. They did a soft launch around January/February, but only had teaser screenshots, and general "were working on new games" comments.

Looks like they have some decent sims in the pipeline, and I hope it works out for them. I'm kind of itching for some middle of the road study sim/casual sim games.

The original was very hard but not frustrating. The new ones are very frustrating but not hard.

Back