Microphone won't pickup voice, is my MIC port bad?

Compddd

[H]ard|Gawd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sound Setup: EVGA X58 SLI E758 mobo, using integrated Realtek Audio for my mic, and my receiver and speakers are hooked up to GTX 580 via HDMI

Using the integrated mic port on my EVGA mobo with the default Win7 drivers, everything worked fine.

I updated my drivers to the latest Realtek HD Audio ones, now my mic won't pic up any sound unless I scream into it.

Tested the mic on my girlfriend's laptop, works perfectly normal.

Tried uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers, used driver cleaner as well.

Still won't pick up my voice, even with me back to using the default Win7 drivers.

I'm at a loss here, any ideas?

Got a cheap sound card that you can use for testing?
Look for a setting somewhere to boost the mic?

I have my mic at 100 volume with +20db boost

I'm testing with Windows sound recorder and vent, I can barely hear myself when recording and people on vent can barely hear me.

I tested mic on a sound card, works fine, tested mic on another computer, worked fine.

Is there some way that it can be muting my rear panel mic port and only using the front mic port?

From what you say it is picking up the sound, just at a very low volume.

Right click speaker bottom right of taskbar -> recording devices

When you speak into the mic, does the green bar move up and down on the device that is checked?]

Try disabling as many of the devices you do not need.

When I speak into the mic, the green bar moves up 1 bar barely sometimes, I also disabled everything except the mic and my speakers.

Try this out:

Win7
--> Recording devices in windows
--> Properties on the mic
--> Enhancements tab
--> Checked Low Frequency Protection
--> Checked Loudness Equalization
--> Click Apply

Back