Microphone In Game

speedy523

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone, well i decided to take out an old mic and test it out. but in game, people can hear my voice, but there voice plays through my speakers, not through the headset. So is there a way to set it to play back through the headset and not the speakers?

Also, im trying to get this to work in Games for Windows Live, specifically Dawn of War 2.

Thanx in Advance :)

There is a million different factors that play in to that. Well maybe just a few.

What OS?
What soundcard?

If it's a USB headset, your probably SOL. The game would need to have a setting for the voice sound output to be seperate from other sounds, which I don't think any games have.

which I don't think any games have.

This needs to be a feature BAD. xbox live has spoiled me is this regard. Wife doesn't mind the sound from games but not the people screaming in the mic like they just learned some new words if you know what I mean.

Hey everyone, well i decided to take out an old mic and test it out. but in game, people can hear my voice, but there voice plays through my speakers, not through the headset. So is there a way to set it to play back through the headset and not the speakers?

Also, im trying to get this to work in Games for Windows Live, specifically Dawn of War 2.

Thanx in Advance :)

Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback Tab

Set the headset as the default playback device.

All sound will come through the headset. This is how switch between my speakers and my USB headset.

Unfortunately you have to make sure you set what you want your sound to come out of before you start the game.

I haven't figured out a way for voice to come through the headset while game sounds go to the speakers though.

Depends on if the game supports it. All GWFL games seem to have support for what you want since its a port of the xbox system. Select other games have this support as well (ie burnout paradise, quake wars). Its too bad steam has not implemented this yet :(

This needs to be a feature BAD. xbox live has spoiled me is this regard. Wife doesn't mind the sound from games but not the people screaming in the mic like they just learned some new words if you know what I mean.

LOL! +1 on this.

I play with headphones (or 5.1 if nobody's home, but somebody's always home) so it's not a big deal, but ideally I'd like to have a headset for voice and still be able to use my speakers for just the actual game sound like I can do with my Xbox.

Back