MicroCenter: What time do people line up outside for an 8am opening?

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
I plan to be in Tustin California at MC on Friday. I bought some stuff there today: Ryzen 2700X for $250, a 970 Samsung Nvme 1TB, and an ASUS motherboard.

What time should I expect for a line to form outside the store?

There is not much I want to purchase, but anyone with some experience to share would be valuable!

Thanks!

I saw the ad scan for MC.

Will they add anything else for sale?

What time should I get in line?

I could be wrong, but I don't think MC does anything special for Black Friday specifically.

They have those deals for at least the weekend if not the month. I know someone here has already picked up their 1700X bundle to get their $99 1700X for instance.

So I can't say for sure. Something you had your eye on?

I purchased the parts for a Ryzen 2700X system from MicroCenter and Newegg earlier this week. I still need a video card. I would like something along the lines of 2070 or 2080.

I am down the street from MC in Tustin, California. I've never been to MC on black friday as I live about 900 miles from Tustin.

I can't say for sure as I've never been there right at opening, but I wouldn't sweat it. I had worried about the same a past black friday and then was suprised at how normal everything was. Definitely not like walmart/best buy etc...

Their GPU prices don't seem to be much if any better than something you could buy on Newegg right now. I'd think there'd still be plenty to choose from whenever you decide to get there.

Hopefully my experience doesn't lead you astray. I really don't think there should be anything to worry about.

Cool. Thanks for the information.

The 2080 prices appear to be the same at both MC and NE. Thanks for the advice!

I found an EVGA 2070 that I might purchase.

I'm also looking for a ~32" 4K monitor for gaming. Any good deals?

I was at MC this morning at 8:30 am. They opened at 8am. There was no place to park my car; the lot was full. People were parking down the street at the "campus" and around the corner at the Marriott. I gave up and drove back through the parking lot and lucked upon a spot. As I attempted to enter the store I saw the very long line of people waiting for their entry to the store. I would guess that entry is restricted due to safety/fire/occupancy limits. There were at least 120 people in line. I left and went back to my hotel.

I returned to the store in Tustin at 2pm. Still no parking. Still a line to get inside. I found a spot and got in line. The line was short with about 40 people. The employee handed out a newspaper-like sales brochure with much more information than what was listed online. After a short 10 minute wait I went inside. The store was very busy with a really long line snaking throughout the store to get to the check-out. I did some shopping and decided to leave without purchasing as the line to pay was too long.

I did most all of my purchasing at MC on Tuesday this week as the prices were the same as on Friday. The rest of my shopping was online at NE and BestestBuy.

I was at MC this morning at 8:30 am. They opened at 8am. There was no place to park my car; the lot was full. People were parking down the street at the "campus" and around the corner at the Marriott. I gave up and drove back through the parking lot and lucked upon a spot. As I attempted to enter the store I saw the very long line of people waiting for their entry to the store. I would guess that entry is restricted due to safety/fire/occupancy limits. There were at least 120 people in line. I left and went back to my hotel.

I returned to the store in Tustin at 2pm. Still no parking. Still a line to get inside. I found a spot and got in line. The line was short with about 40 people. The employee handed out a newspaper-like sales brochure with much more information than what was listed online. After a short 10 minute wait I went inside. The store was very busy with a really long line snaking throughout the store to get to the check-out. I did some shopping and decided to leave without purchasing as the line to pay was too long.

I did most all of my purchasing at MC on Tuesday this week as the prices were the same as on Friday. The rest of my shopping was online at NE and BestestBuy.
Dang I had no idea. I guess that's California for you. Texas here. Its funny to me that so many would be there for BF when most of the deals if not all were available already beforehand.

Black Friday never ceases to amaze me it seems. I'm glad you were able to get most of your parts despite the MC craziness

Back