Microcenter Special event for ryzen launch

They have 1 mitx gigabite for 220.
Its live on the website
see it now on the web store. My local (MA) store does not have it which is why I missed it.

also worth noting the web store does not have any 2000 series cpus. So they may have just what is left in store for those.

Marietta GA about 75 people for Black Sunday lol

20190707_090557.jpg

So got nothing free but picked up a 3700 for now. Also one really pissdd off dude yelling in the store that his mb was ganked.

Dozens of people lined up outside here in Minneapolis. I seriously thought I'd be walking in alone at 8am on a Sunday. I feel like I'm trying to buy a fucking Iphone. Should have bought some skinny jeans.

If it wasn't a 25 minute drive I'd turn around. But instead I'll just sit here in my car bitching on forums until the line is gone.

Last edited:
well we need adjustments...we have shot up to 12.5v on the rails....but we're lazy and don't care but noo I don't like that...we need to adjust the pot and hold 12.1-12.2v...

Got a 3900x and gig aorus master at Marietta ga, he said they have lots in stock

Staff said they've totally been taken by surprise by the demand. Well organized though. Checking out with 3700x and Msi x570 carbon.

Fuck me I pussied out. Got the Intel instead. Might have to go back and get the amd

I will wait for the open box 2000 series CPUs to be listed for all the people using older motherboards. Then run that until 16 core comes out :)

Good bundle deal there as well. $50 off an x570 board/3000 series combo. Overheard one of them saying that they were getting low on the 3700x. The other two, cheaper, MSI MPG tier boards that I'd originally planned on getting were already out of stock as well.

Got all these from Marietta (Atlanta) store

Breakdown
Board = 359
Chip = 499
5700xt = 399

Launch day bundle

-50 board bringing to 309
-50 GPU bringing to 349

Total 1229 tax title license

I bought the gou for fun probably will return it and keep the money instead

I have a 1070ti and 2080ti so I'm good in gpu department.

20190707_105837.jpg

I got at Tustin,CA location around 8:30. All 3700x and 3900x got sold out. Strangely, they told me they didn't get any 3800x shipment.

Dozens of people lined up outside here in Minneapolis. I seriously thought I'd be walking in alone at 8am on a Sunday. I feel like I'm trying to buy a fucking Iphone. Should have bought some skinny jeans.

If it wasn't a 25 minutes drive I'd turn around. But instead I'll just sit here in my car bitching forums until the line is gone.

I was there @ 7:55AM and was ~#40 in line. When we got up to the front was told there were no 3800x or 3900x delivered (truck didn't show or some other excuse) and to reserve on online for instore pickup when they get them Monday (hopefully). I essentially got a paper IOU for a 3900x to show I was there today. A little disappointed that they didn't just make a sign or tell us before we stood around.

Bought a MEG X570 ACE and will try to snag a chip ASAP.

3700x up and running. Actually ended up doing a 3 hour twitch stream on it while talking about a few other things. Definately an improvement on the ipc over the 2700x.

Just got a message that the 3900x's are out though. Damn that MC rep telling me I was GUARANTEED to get a 3900x today. Hopefully there will be some in tomorrow.

7/7 in EST
7/7 in CST

Time for bed
EDT
CDT

Just sayin. Unless you are in some weird indiana county or arizona or something....then maybe CST.

With that being said, I reaaaaalllly have the upgrade itch but I just don't think I'm going to see many gains over my i5-8400 & 1080Ti @ 1440p gaming...

I got a tote bag for free. My mc was not full but I checked out the new gpus and boards.

I was there @ 7:55AM and was ~#40 in line. When we got up to the front was told there were no 3800x or 3900x delivered (truck didn't show or some other excuse) and to reserve on online for instore pickup when they get them Monday (hopefully). I essentially got a paper IOU for a 3900x to show I was there today. A little disappointed that they didn't just make a sign or tell us before we stood around.

Bought a MEG X570 ACE and will try to snag a chip ASAP.

Took about 15-20 minutes, but once the line outside cleared I was able to just walk in and had my 3700x within 5 minutes or so. I was actually impressed how quick it was and surprised they had any left. I can see why it would be annoying for you and anyone else after the higher end chips though.

Took about 15-20 minutes, but once the line outside cleared I was able to just walk in and had my 3700x within 5 minutes or so. I was actually impressed how quick it was and surprised they had any left. I can see why it would be annoying for you and anyone else after the higher end chips though.

Oh yeah my beef lies with the shipping company Microcenter had, not the guys working the store. In store it was just a bit of a cluster fuck but went smooth enough. Hope they actually get the chips Monday morning like they hoped/claimed.

Marietta GA about 75 people for Black Sunday lol

View attachment 172455
I'm in that picture! (sort of)
Got all these from Marietta (Atlanta) store

Breakdown
Board = 359
Chip = 499
5700xt = 399

Launch day bundle

-50 board bringing to 309
-50 GPU bringing to 349

Total 1229 tax title license

They told me the bundle discount wouldn't apply to the Aorus Master so I go the Ultra instead :facepalm:

Yay, checked the website during my morning shit and the 3900x was in stock at the MN Microcenter. Have it reserved and am going to get it in about an hour.

Back