Microcenter Skylake I7-6700K $279.99 In store only!

Hasn't it always been that price?

I could have sworn it was $299 recently (a week or so ago) I know MC has been fluctuating recently (Presidents day sale/ BYOPC month which now seems like every month) so I didn't know if there was a drop in pricing or not. $280 just seemed under that they normally sell for there. A few months ago it was around $330 or so. Not trolling here but strangely enough it almost seems like a good bang for the buck compared to what's out there right now. Any how, Just getting it out there people who might be looking around. besides Pi day is coming up. i7 Kabys might go for $314.99 for the day like they did with the Skylake i7 last March 14.

Hasn't it always been that price?

no it was $259 all last week. after ryzen launch it went back to 279 -- so I picked up a ryzen 1700 instead. have to say, I'm not impressed at all with the am4 motherboards microcenter had in stock :-(

no it was $259 all last week. after ryzen launch it went back to 279 -- so I picked up a ryzen 1700 instead. have to say, I'm not impressed at all with the am4 motherboards microcenter had in stock :-(

Asus Prime X370 and the Gigacrap Aorus is all they had...

Ryzen will be a good deal once the supply chain settles. However, AMD is making a case to getting back into the CPU market. I hope the best for them. Like anything in the tech, give it 6 months and thing start to settle and build up unless it's a Nitendo Wii. LOL Anyway, I wished I had seen the i7 at $260. I would have bought one. Screwy thing is I was just at a Mircocenter on Monday for a cable for work. I should have taken a walk in the back at the CPUs. I would have seriously thought about it. I'm getting my i5 rig folding [H]ard again. An i7 would just bring more love faster to the F@H program.

I paid $259.99 (before tax) for my i7-6700k at Microcenter back in November. Didn't know they had Pi Day sale.

yes - the 7700k was 299 up to 319 during Ryzen sale and now back down to 299. I think they bumped the price because Ryzen was not selling as fast as they liked (MC not AMD) back down to lower price now. I bit and got a 7700K since I already had the 170a mobo and some 3000 MHz ram. Runs great - but...seems to run hot at 5 ghz...I can't keep it there - even wth AIO cooling and 240mm radiator. 4.8 is no problem on all stock settings just bumping multiplier to 48 though so not really to concerned (other than the temps - hitting 78 c on full load/prime/cpuz stree test). The other weird thing - the real temp app reads 4 temps and they seem to vary wildly. Like one will be 79 two will be 68 three will be 74 and four will be 70....is that normal?

yes - the 7700k was 299 up to 319 during Ryzen sale and now back down to 299. I think they bumped the price because Ryzen was not selling as fast as they liked (MC not AMD) back down to lower price now. I bit and got a 7700K since I already had the 170a mobo and some 3000 MHz ram. Runs great - but...seems to run hot at 5 ghz...I can't keep it there - even wth AIO cooling and 240mm radiator. 4.8 is no problem on all stock settings just bumping multiplier to 48 though so not really to concerned (other than the temps - hitting 78 c on full load/prime/cpuz stree test). The other weird thing - the real temp app reads 4 temps and they seem to vary wildly. Like one will be 79 two will be 68 three will be 74 and four will be 70....is that normal?

Time to de-lid.

I'm still waiting for another sale on the level of the $199 i7-4770K. Fat chance that'll ever happen at Micro Center again, but one can dream.

$279 for the mainstream socket i7 at Micro Center has been pretty typical since the 4790K; $249 is when people start paying attention.

Just opened my E mail for a Ryzen 1700X at $349. 50 dollar drop and it has not been a week since launch. That is not boding well for AMD here. OF MC is a hair over stocked on these. I might have to grab a 7700K instead of the 6700K if the price is going to be sub $300. However, poster above (Nameless PFG) is in the right direction. You have to wait for the $250 or less price point. I forgot about those deals when they had a sub $200 i7 sales. Hopefully, a sub 250 sale should be happening at some point.

Just opened my E mail for a Ryzen 1700X at $349. 50 dollar drop and it has not been a week since launch. That is not boding well for AMD here. OF MC is a hair over stocked on these. I might have to grab a 7700K instead of the 6700K if the price is going to be sub $300. However, poster above (Nameless PFG) is in the right direction. You have to wait for the $250 or less price point. I forgot about those deals when they had a sub $200 i7 sales. Hopefully, a sub 250 sale should be happening at some point.

That doesn't really make much sense as the MC always lowers prices on processors to get people in the door. The biggest problem right now for Ryzen is the fact that you can't get a good motherboard.

I'm still waiting for another sale on the level of the $199 i7-4770K. Fat chance that'll ever happen at Micro Center again, but one can dream.

$279 for the mainstream socket i7 at Micro Center has been pretty typical since the 4790K; $249 is when people start paying attention.
It was that price for the 2600K back when I got my 2500K for $180.

No point in getting skylake when krabby lake is 20 bucks more?
I would probably just pay the extra twenty bucks but Skylake is the last CPU compatible with official Windows 7 drivers so it might be worth it for some.

yeah but you have to delid to get temps below nuclear. I have water aio on my 7700K now and x264 stress testing with zero overclock hits 82c...and that is with a 240 aio

Back