Microcenter - Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB 5900RPM ST320005N4A1AS-RK - $60

Thanks for the heads up, bought one last week for $69, was going to head there tomorrow anyway and now i get $10 back using their price protection policy :)

ugghhh! just when I need some to rebuild my home server... AND IM BROKE AGAIN!! would have loved to got a slew of these and the price mistaked raid controller listed on here earlier lmao

Its an ok deal, I think I would rather spend $5 more and get a samsung or hitachi from newegg when they are on sale.

Hmm is it time to try Seagate again? I had to rma 3 of their 1 - 1.5tb drives back when they had all their problems.

Its an ok deal, I think I would rather spend $5 more and get a samsung or hitachi from newegg when they are on sale.
same here, but i'm a glutton for punishment, needed a quick in store pickup and this was it.

Getting back $10 using price protection adds another layer of comfort, i think...

I agree but I need drives now and these were the only ones going for $60. Is the reliability that bad?

I agree but I need drives now and these were the only ones going for $60. Is the reliability that bad?
Wouldn't be too hard to find out with a few searches, i wouldn't go by newegg's reviews alone since all of their drives are filled with stories of doom and gloom.

It just "seems" that Seagate hasn't been able to get it right starting from their 500gb (or 750gb) drives and onwards. Just one sad tale after another. Throw in some poor customer support and i have no idea how they are still in business.

Maybe because dummies like myself keep taking chances with them every once in a while. I would have preferred Hitachi, Samsung or WD for bulk storage though (in that order).

I'm still glad you posted, i stopped by there tonight and got $10 back from the drive i purchased last week. Thanks again.

I've never had a seagate failure. I think I've had two drives fail in 17 years. One a Maxtor the other a WD. Guess I just have good luck with my home drives. At work drives seem to die much more often.

this deal is back again or it never left. I just got a newsletter saying it was on sale until 9/1

turns out these drives are old, they are probably trying to get rid of them. I may return and get something newer.

Hmm is it time to try Seagate again? I had to rma 3 of their 1 - 1.5tb drives back when they had all their problems.

I'm in the midst of RMA'ing a 1.5 right now. This will be the second RMA. Damn thing was never reliable.

Good deal but I refuse to buy seagate. So ill pass for now. Hopefully WD has a deal on a 2tb green drive soon, I need more space for my htpc.

Back