[Microcenter] ROG G20 desktop with i7 + GTX 960 $799!

I bought one and it is so nice. Plopped in a ssd and it's silent.

Attachments

• 20160301_125053.jpg
    20160301_125053.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
Most definitely. This would be very hard to beat even without the form factor. Comes with a hybrid drive so really no need for an SSD. Only bad part is the lack of upgradability. While it assuredly can be upgraded, you'll most likely be very limited.

Can you build something with everything this has in this form factor for less?

I can't and I have access to Microcenter.

Can you build something with everything this has in this form factor for less?

I can't and I have access to Microcenter.

Depends on how much you want that exact form factor and an optical drive. And how much your time is worth.

Intel Core i7-4790, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, Cooler Master Elite 110 - System Build - PCPartPicker

FS: Windows 7 Pro Keys for Windows 10 Upgrade ($20)

So about $740 for a slightly larger case, and W10 pro vs 8.1 home. If you want to drive the price down significantly, drop the i7 for an i5 and you'll have no real loss of capability (assuming media/gaming is your use case). You also regain upgradability.

Either way, I agree with Iching, the price is still too high to be a real deal unless this is just the EXACT pc you wanted.

EDIT: Forgot I only use a limited subset of PCPartPicker's sellers, the price is going to be even lower.

Also, apologies to [H], I forgot they have their own system builder. I've just grown accustomed to using PCPP for the past couple years that it has become second nature.

Last edited:
smaller case here with a motherboard, power supply, and a slim dvd-r writer.

Just add operating system, hard drive, and a cpu.

Jet.com

xrAU8qJ.jpg

aznever, I like your solution. That case has come down in price quite a bit since I last looked at it.

Thanks for finding some solutions guys!

smaller case here with a motherboard, power supply, and a slim dvd-r writer.

Just add operating system, hard drive, and a cpu.

Jet.com

xrAU8qJ.jpg
Nice, that is a solid deal, I need an HDMI 2.0 capable HTPC to replace my NUC for 4K and had my eye on Alienware Alpha type form factor, but they don't have an updated GPU for HDMI 2.0 yet.

This solution looks good although the case is a bit tackier than I want, I guess it needs a heat sink too or the stock Intel one should be OK I guess. Haven't used stock intel cooler since LGA775 for a minute.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's priced about where it should be. It was just $400 overpriced before, that's all.

I love mine! It's extremely quiet too! I still fell confident that I couldn't build one for less. Unless I compromise on aesthetics, Bluetooth and perhaps a fee other odds and ends.

Back