Microcenter Q9450 OEM $299 Online and $349 w/$50 GC Instore

how is it $299 online? i went through checkout and it shows up as $349 + tax + ship, which is about $390... wayy too much for my purposes.

There is a section on there that you have to add that coupon. Just when you add it to cart it says below add $50 dollar rebate.

code is an add on on the q9450 page. halfway down on right add it to your cart. mine was $305 SHIPPED

Your order has been submitted, and an email confirmation with all details should be sent within 24 hours. Please print and retain this receipt for your records.
Your order was placed: April 07, 2008

For some reason, the stupid site won't accept my Credit Card info. It keeps saying it's invalid. Is there a special way to input the information on it?

crap and I just bought one saturday for $350... time for a price adjustment

Canceled my order with gay buy.com who still hasn't shipped it, ordered 3/02/08 from them. Man do they suck. $306 shipped no tax. Thanks OP!

Had I known about this I would have reconsidered my recent Q6600 from MC.

Great deal considering that this is below the 1k wholesale price.

MC must have some sort of preferred relationship with Intel these days. Incredible CPU pricing on a number of parts.

How'd you all get no tax? I'm getting $15 tax added to my order... does it depend on the state you live in?

I got mine also. Now to find a X48 Board. I was hoping to pay no tax but they have a store in texas, oh well.

How'd you all get no tax? I'm getting $15 tax added to my order... does it depend on the state you live in?

Of course.

Sales Tax
Sales tax is charged based upon the state the order is being shipped to.

Sales Tax Charged (includes APO/FPO and PO Boxes): CA, CO, GA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA

No Sales Tax Charged: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, ID, IN, IA, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY, International

Yeah, but a lot of online retailers DONT charge sales tax, so I thought I'd ask anyhow.

MicroCenter is not an online retailer. They're a B&M with a Web site and they have to charge sales tax if they ship to a state where they have a store.

Just got this email from micro center. pretty good. about an hour and a half for shipping :)

"Just a quick email to let you know your package has shipped and will be delivered to the address listed below".

Do OEM processors through Microcenter carry the full 3 year manufacturer warranty? It says 3 year on the page for the Q9450 and also on the OEM Q9300.

This kinda pisses me off, just bought mine on wednesday last week for $380 after shipping+tax :(. Got it on friday though, extremely fast shipping (I paid for ground)

Just got this email from micro center. pretty good. about an hour and a half for shipping :)

"Just a quick email to let you know your package has shipped and will be delivered to the address listed below".

it wont be on FedEx Truck to u until today night .

Nice deal ... in for one @ $305 shipped (no B&M store here in Washington).

As to the warranty, I expect its probably a typo but certainly won't complain.

got mine, i'm glad i waited the weekend. $328 with tax and 2nd day shipping. too bad they have a store here in ks that is 250 miles away...

This kinda pisses me off, just bought mine on wednesday last week for $380 after shipping+tax :(. Got it on friday though, extremely fast shipping (I paid for ground)

Me too. Ordered last Wednesday, arrived last Friday. Saw the email about the $50 Gift card. #$^@$%^! figures I'd ordered one week too early.

For some reason, the stupid site won't accept my Credit Card info. It keeps saying it's invalid. Is there a special way to input the information on it?

Yeah, I'm getting this as well. :(

edit: just talked to support and they say it's a glitch on the site and to call sales to place an order over the phone

As to the warranty, I expect its probably a typo but certainly won't complain.
Friend of mine bought his in store. The display information specified 3yrs but the proc itself said 90 days. Talked to the manager, who pulled up the product list and confirmed it is 3yrs. Whether or not MC will back that up if you have to do an RMA after 90 days may be another story. I certainly recommend anyone buying this to try to find something stating the 3yr warranty and keeping it w/ your receipt, because a 3yr warranty would make this deal hotter than hades. :cool:

Friend of mine bought his in store. The display information specified 3yrs but the proc itself said 90 days. Talked to the manager, who pulled up the product list and confirmed it is 3yrs. Whether or not MC will back that up if you have to do an RMA after 90 days may be another story. I certainly recommend anyone buying this to try to find something stating the 3yr warranty and keeping it w/ your receipt, because a 3yr warranty would make this deal hotter than hades. :cool:
Right.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0286543

If you jump on this deal - print out that product page too and save it.
If anything happens over that 3 years, show that it said 3 year warranty and raise hell if they give you any problems.

Typo or not, 3 years is what it says, and they've gotta hold up their end.

Right.

If anything happens over that 3 years, show that it said 3 year warranty and raise hell if they give you any problems.

that sounds gr8 . i talked to their representative , he said 3 yrs warranty is from microcenter. if the processor stops working after 2 yrs , they replace the processor if they have a replacement . If not they refund u what u pay now.

Good thing, overclock the processor, if it dies , microcenter has no way of knowing whether it is overclocked or not (unless they send it to intel) .

Right.

The issue is, however, that the mfg does NOT warranty OEM products for 3yrs, and they probably have fine print that absolves them of any responsibility for printed errors. But that certainly won't keep me from raising hell if the situation arises. :p

Asus just today posted the official 0905 bios that adds support for this cpu to my 975x chipset motherboard
probably won't be a real strong over clocking setup but will still be nice to help push vista bloat along
$324.73 shipped

Mine suppose to arrive tomorrow but my Motherboard won't get here till next week. They are backeordered.

Where do these ship from? The Rockville, MD Microcenter is only 30 miles from me but DC metro area traffic is insane, I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Got the shipment notify yesterday, and FedEx says it'll be here by tomorrow. Quick turnaround!

Fingers crossed that I won't regret spending the extra 100+ clams vs. the Q6600 deals.

whats the deal with the site now?, ive been debating for hours back and forth between the 9450 and 6600 now for a 24hrs, i finally decide and now the 9450 is not available online, so i say screw it, ill get the 6600 , thats not available either now! :(

Anyone else get theirs shipped via USPS? I don't see why they didn't ship mine via FedEx. I hate getting packages from USPS cause unless it's a really small package they always put it on top of the mail box.

whats the deal with the site now?, ive been debating for hours back and forth between the 9450 and 6600 now for a 24hrs, i finally decide and now the 9450 is not available online, so i say screw it, ill get the 6600 , thats not available either now! :(

There's a good chance they may of finally sold out. At $299 OEM that was pretty cheap compared to what they're selling for on other sites.

Back