Microcenter or Amazon Inland Professional 1TB SSD $139 or $149 w/prime

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
Microcenter will ship this item.

I don't have an MC in my state so with shippingto me its $145.98 total

http://www.microcenter.com/product/508183/1TB_3D_NAND_SATA_III_6Gb-s_25_Internal_Solid_State_Drive

Amazon has it for $149.99 with Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Inland-Profe...qid=1535235266&sr=8-1&keywords=inland+1tb+ssd

According to the info - Endurance up to 660TBW, 3 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty.

I have their 500GB version used as a Steam / benchmarking drive and several 120GB drives used for boot drives on older systems They all work great. think I'll grab one for an update to the portable Steam / benchmark drive.

This is about what a I paid per drive a few years ago when I built an 8 ssd raid 0 using 500GB Samsung Evo's. Great to see their prices dropping this low.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just saw this today when I thought the 860 EVO for $180 was a good deal, then I was like geez, $140 is awesome. I was in there picking up the 120GB model for $24, which I think is also pretty damn crazy....considering I paid $300 for my first 120GB SSD about 8 years ago, and now not even 1/10th the price.

I recently bought the 250GB version of the Inland drive for a friend's PC and was impressed. Based on that, I'd not hesitate to buy another one for general use as a boot drive or game storage.

I recently bought the 250GB version of the Inland drive for a friend's PC and was impressed. Based on that, I'd not hesitate to buy another one for general use as a boot drive or game storage.

Yeah those 240GB for $40 at MC are a damn good deal.

(Added Bonus: the 120/240 GB versions are MLC)

I was at a MC in NY this weekend and saw it. I ended up getting a 120GB and a 480GB using 2 x $5 off $30 in store. I had to get two cans of compressed air and a 32GB USB flash drive to make the $30. For $18 and $60, not a bad deal. The 120GB is a direct replacement of a Kingston V300 120GB.

Already owned a 120GB and a 240GB prior.

I keep seeing these SSD’s. Never had the courage to try one. Maybe the next time I’m in KC i’ll get one from MC.

I have heard different things about these drives almost like a Kingston SSD bait and switch. Some of them have dram cache and some of them don't but they all have the same model name and number. Performance would vary wildly based on that factor alone . I didn't pull mine open to check as it's not in a critical machine but that's what they were discussing on SD last time they came up.

That being said I have a 240 GB and 480gb drive in use now without any issues.

I have heard different things about these drives almost like a Kingston SSD bait and switch. Some of them have dram cache and some of them don't but they all have the same model name and number. Performance would vary wildly based on that factor alone . I didn't pull mine open to check as it's not in a critical machine but that's what they were discussing on SD last time they came up.

That being said I have a 240 GB and 480gb drive in use now without any issues.
Thanks for the heads up on this! I might eventually try one out.

UPDATE: Since Inland is Microcenter's in-house brand, these drives are re-brands of some other manufacturers' SSDs, and originally these were Centon C-380s, which do have DRAM; however, the latest drives appear to be quite different and are DRAMless. This means that these SSDs are still sufficient for the vast majority of users for any tasks, especially for the price. Technically though if you wanted the best performance and longevity particularly for a main/OS drive, go with one that has DRAM, and this type of drive would be perfect for storing games or multimedia.

To clarify, if you have one of these drives with a metal case/shell/enclosure, it should be the original Centon one with DRAM. The newer ones have a plastic shell and no DRAM. At this point, however, you should expect all of the new drives you can find at retail here on Amazon or in Micro Center to be the newer, DRAMless type, although you might be able to find some individual ones floating around on eBay or otherwise via 3rd party sellers.

From an Amazon review, but it summarizes what I said earlier pretty well.

I've recently purchased 3 of the 480gb for around $80 each I believe??? So far so good. Longevity is yet to be determined. Works as well as any Samsung SATA SSD I've purchased. I wouldn't hesitate.

I bought 2 of the 240's and 1 of the 120's from Microcenter,
used them in systems I built for my nephews.
They are fast, inexpensive, and I've had no issues so far. I'd buy them again without hesitation.

I buy the MLC ones for upgrades ever since they came out, not a single issue so far.

Honestly, it's getting to the point where a SATA SSD is going to perform regardless. They'll all nearly pegging the SATA3 interface limits anyways. Some many trade blows in individual tests but there's definitely a reason NVME came to be.

The prices of these drives make it like an addiction of silicon crack and plastic crack. May be picking up more drives.

I have purchased and deployed about 20 of the 120gb drives for refurb dells we acquire and upgrade before installing, and so far so good.

Back